Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully the first weekend in September I will get my plots planted. I have done all the prelim work; soil test, 11,000 pounds of lime, co-op is working on the fertilizer mix now and it should be put out next week. Having the Co-op spread the lime and fertilizer is saving a ton of money and work.

This year I will have a total of four acres in 5 plots that will be planted in winter wheat, crimsin clover and ladino clover with a border on all the fields of Orchard grass. The plan is for the crimson to come up this fall and the ladino should be up for spring and summer. The Orchard grass is for the birds and rabbits.

shopping list:

350lbs winter wheat
15lbs. clover
100lbs Orchard grass

Getting close now this has been a project all year.

G

·
Hopefully the first weekend in September I will get my plots planted. I have done all the prelim work; soil test, 11,000 pounds of lime, co-op is working on the fertilizer mix now and it should be put out next week. Having the Co-op spread the lime and fertilizer is saving a ton of money and work.

This year I will have a total of four acres in 5 plots that will be planted in winter wheat, crimsin clover and ladino clover with a border on all the fields of Orchard grass. The plan is for the crimson to come up this fall and the ladino should be up for spring and summer. The Orchard grass is for the birds and rabbits.

shopping list:

350lbs winter wheat
15lbs. clover
100lbs Orchard grass

Getting close now this has been a project all year.
sounds like quite a project

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't seen the amounts yet my brother was getting the prices, I'll let you know next week.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bought the wheat today a$11.65 for 50# bag. that is up some from last year I think a couple of dollars a bag.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I wanted to get all the plowing done this weekend and I am afraid it is so dry that ain't gonna happen. What really gave me sticker shock is the price of fertilizer, man they are really proud of that stuff.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yea that fertilizer is high
I have every thing plowed and ready. i just need the rain to come and stay steady

1 - 9 of 9 Posts