Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off great site, I just started hunting this year I came from a family with not one hunter and very little firearms. So I talked to a buddy of mine at work and he said that he would teach me about guns and hunting. I bought my first 12 gauge (mossburg 500) in spring and started target shooting all spring nd summer. When squirrel season came in we went out I got 4 my first day now I dont know how many of them I have shot up till now. So Monday the first day of Gun Season and we go out in the woods my buddy hit a 6 point within an hour of being in the woods. I helped him load it on the atv and he left to get it checked. So I stayed and was feeling a bit down then about 70 yards out I see just a rack nothing else I sat completely still for 3 or 4 minutes and it stood up. I couldnt believe it a 10 point so sited in the buck and fired. I got my first deer and it was a huge buck. As soon as I got out of the tree my buddy comes walking down the path we walked over to the deer I couldnt beleve it I think I ruined hunting in the area with the yelling I did but hey I couldnt help it. I still cant beleve it. Oh I went out tuesday didnt get anything and went out today and got a medium size doe. So I am going out tomorrow to see if in my first year hunting can get my limit during gun season. Oh and just so I dont get where are the pics they are below. The rack on the left has 6 pts. and the rack on the right has 4pts. One small one on the left but hey it was over an inch so it counted. By the way i gutted and butchered it all on my own not bad for a first timer (LOL) I also decided to have it mounted.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations. Thats a fine lookin 10 pointer.. :thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in Central Ohio a little town called Circleville after I gutted him we had him weighed and it resulted in 168 pounds. I have a good bit of meat from my two deer but I think I can get 1 more. Everyone I talked to said that it was a big bodied buck and it was laying in the bed of the truck next to my buddies 6 pt it made it look even larger.Thanks everyone for the comments

·
Registered
142 Posts
JEALOUSY!!!!:green:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
You are giving me reason to reconsider my home state once again! Congrats on a great first season and what's the goal for next year...11pt:wink:

·
Registered
100 Posts
OHIO???? I was betting the reflection of the license on the chrome bumper to be Texas. Oh well I can't be right all of the time. Nice 10 point congrats!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well went out today and didnt see one deer so I am taking a day off and will be going staturday when everyone is moving the deer around

1 - 14 of 14 Posts