Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since the boards have been pretty quiet......I'm always looking for a second opinion.......he are some deer from last year that I caught on camera.......just some aging
Yes many of the pics will be blurry because I was using the video camera......

1st buck.....6 point......I know he is old, I am gonna say 6 1/2.....reason.....he has a swayed back (2nd pic)and floppy skin

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3rd Last buck.....

3rd and final Buck.......10 point....I'm gonna say 4 1/2......

·
Registered
221 Posts
on the last one i agree but im not that good with aging and i cant even guess on them so...im gonna go with you on all of them

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Hey great shots. I may be wrong, it looks to me that the bucks in photo 2 are different as well as photo 3. Antler mass is different which says you may have more bucks to judge. Anyway, you have at least two great bucks and some great potential for this fall. I think the bucks range from 2.5 to 5.5 in age.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey great shots. I may be wrong, it looks to me that the bucks in photo 2 are different as well as photo 3. Antler mass is different which says you may have more bucks to judge. Anyway, you have at least two great bucks and some great potential for this fall. I think the bucks range from 2.5 to 5.5 in age.
I do agree that the bucks look different......but I have seen them so many times.....I am 99.8% sure that they are the same deer.....:photo:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
keep sending in the pics.gives me something to daydream abbout till bow season rolls around:no:

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
keep sending in the pics.gives me something to daydream abbout till bow season rolls around:no:
I know what you mean......I spent about an hour today just looking at some of the futage of the bucks......dreaming of what they are gonna look like this year:yes:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Great pics ETD thanks for posting them. I agree with you on bucks 1 and 3, IMHO # 2 is 3.5. He has nice antler growth but he seems a little small in the antler and muscle mass for a 4.5, reguardless those are some nice deer. It's a shame you don't have any better pics of #1 I bet his body definition would be very telling.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Look at the differences between these 2 pics..
ETD, you guessed this one at "2nd Buck..8 point...I'm gonna say 4 1/2"

I think it's only 2 1/2 possibly a 3 1/2 here's why, look at the Deers chest area, the first deer is quite narrow looking from a frontal view
the next pic shows a much wider more defined chest indicating a more mature buck which you guessed at
"3rd and final Buck....10 point....I'm gonna say 4 1/2.. and I agree with you on this one.
It's hard to tell from a pic anyway because the pictures quality is always a factor too.... Good Luck...

First pic

Second pic

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes the 8 point does have a very "racehorsey" look to him.......

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Yup he's still young and learning to be a buck!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts