Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was chit/chattin with some fellas at work yesterday about how expensive bow's can be nowadays! this lady overheard us as she was walking out the door to go home! so today she come up to me and tells me her husbands got an extra bow that he wants to sale for nearly next to nothing! *only 20 bucks*. claims he's got a few deer with it already the last couple hunting seasons, but just bought a new bow! i think im going to buy this bow from this guy considering the following reasons

1. Im new to the bow hunting world
2. Never used a bow
3. its cheap!
4. dont want to spend alot of money on a bow right now and then break it or something dumb like that!

what do you guys think?? is this a smart play??

·
Registered
75 Posts
The twenty bucks sounds good,but since its your first bow their are alot of things to consider,I think if I were you I would ask if you could take the bow to a bow shop and have it checked out,their they can check your draw length to see if the bow fits you properly,and steer you in the right direction.Bow shops want your business so most of them will bend over backwards to help you,the more knowledge they give you the more money your gonna spend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea ive already talked to a few guys at my work, and they also said that they'll give me thier opinions on it as well. but thats a good idea!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Have it checked for safety reasons. You don't want it blowing up in your face, trust me on this one. $20.00 may be the buy of the year, but it won't be worth .25c if it doesn't fit you. You might consider putting it on e-bay and putting any profit towords another bow. You can't go wrong using a good pro shop, in the long run its money well spent.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
like it been said if it dont fit ya must a quite :biggrin: seriously whats your draw length?whats the bows?for 20 4 buy it hopefully it has extras ya can use

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Joel cracks me up !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just got a look a the bow today! its a pretty nice bow! a few guys looked at it and said for a beginner at 20 bucks i should get it! it didnt come with a sight or a release but my boss has extras that he says i can have free of charge!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the bow i picked up was a martin lynx magnum. buuut, my boss at work says he'll give me a bow made by fred bear, with a sight,quiver,rest and a few more things! he says the only thing(s) ill need to get is a release,and bows, and all the essentials.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Which ever bow you get, have it checked out by a pro shop. Have it fitted to your draw length and weight. If your not sure that you want to bow hunt this could be an inexpensive way to get started. If you decided you like it than you can go all out and buy the biggest and baddest bow that you can afford. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD HUNTING!!!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have a fred bear and i love it... i have it set to 63lb pull with 29" draw... just right for me... but deffiantly get it checked out before shooting it esecially since they are so cheap/free... u dont want to go pull one back and have a limb snap and come back in snap u in the face, or a string break and slice u open... so be carefull get the pull and draw set for you first thing before even sighting it in... and then have fun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts