Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Guys I couldn't agree more with all the comments. When i think of the assult style rifles in the hunting field I think of the murder that took place I believe in (Minnisota or Wisconsin) a couple of years back. The last time I checked those style of firearms were very expensive. I think one could for the same cost, could have a very nice hunting package put together. No question a scoped 308 would be a great rifle but as stated is the public perception worth it. I have no problem with the legal ownership of military type firearms, but are they the best choise for the hunter, I say there are better options.

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
First and formost I truly appreciate all service men and women that have or are serving in the military. I think the style of hunting rifle has faded some where the military style is slowly being accepted into the general public hunting world. Many of us feel the 223 is simply on the light side for deer for the general public. I can kill a deer with a 22 cal but is it best caliber of choise, no. I won't argue the 223 will kill a deer, I will argue that for most it will remain one of the least used calibers for deer hunting. There are simply too many better choises for deer hunting than the 223. I would look at the 243 as a step up over the 223. Hopefully your shoulder/back pain will lessen up some.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.