Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
My suggestion is to get use to a civilian rifle. When it comes to guns and hunting, guns are tools. Use the right tool for the job. We are hunters. It is our job to hunt game ethically and respectfully. I my opinion playing Rambo has no place in the sport of hunting wild game. There are many styles of stocks so your lack of comfort and feel with a civilian rifle has no validation. :thumbdown:
I agree with wmi, if you can find comfort in a tactical weapon you can surely find MORE comfort with a more traditional hunting rifle.
The last thing you need to be doing is letting the general public see you hunting for wildlife with a tactical style weapon,
While your intentions may be good, it isn't your intentions they will be seeing. Good Luck to you...

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
A few days ago, I shot a 240 lb, 14 point buck using a ar 15 with 55 gr psp ammo. One shot to lungs the dropped him after he ran about 40 yards.
Both lungs were mush and the leg on the other side was broken.

CAUTION= wear boots before proeceeding further.

a few weeks ago I shot a Booner buck that scored 245 with a water pistol.

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
Can't you take a joke? I looked at the pic, it's an awesome Deer. Congratulations...
I like the Rifle, I'll give you 50. dollars for the rifle. :biggrin:

·
Administrator
5,713 Posts
In the military I qualified as an Expert also and I dropped Sillhouettes at 1000 yards too.
Using AR's isn't a problem for hunting and I think everyone here will agree to that .
It's society that frowns on hunters using AR's as hunting rifles. Nobody here says you CAN'T use them to hunt with but again I think most of us here tend to agree that there are better choices to use for hunting rifles BUT you are free to use whichever you choose.
We hunters are viewed by society as everything but wildlife control agents but that's all we really are.
Do you understand what I'm trying to express? It's all about the Image of a hunter. a Hunters image is different than a Soldiers, the hunter carry's a traditional rifle, a soldier carry's the AR's. that's all it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.