Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did not get to go hunting, but had a great day anyway, after working my backside off and saving up for a while, I bought a small piece of land today, only an acre and a half, but its well outsie this darn city, also bought a new rifle, a remington 700 sps heavy barrelled 308 for hogs coyotes and them deer that are way out there. my land is too small to hunt but it is near (12 miles) a wildlife management area (public hunting grounds) and a gun range and 5 miles from a good fishing lake...and the best part is, I will be out of this city and all the people
my new neighbor has about 450 acres of mostly forested land that I may someday get to hunt, or maybe I can bait deer out of his property onto mine and use my bow to put them in the freezer

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
HECK YEAH man, put you some food plots in and bait the heck out of those deer, they'll come to you! Especially if you're bow hunting them!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
It's always a good day when you buy a little piece of the pie. Congrats

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Enjoy. my cabin & 25 acres r my real home.i hate the city but because of work and divorce im forced to live there.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Congrats on getting your part of the American dream. There's nothing like owning your own little patch of land.

Living in "the city" for most of my life, I couldn't wait to get out into the country.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well the land is all paid for, now to get my house moved (its paid for as well). no more rent or mortgage. I used to have 10 acres that was used as a hog farm and gun range. this is attempt number two for me but this time without a mortgage. lots of hard work have finally paid off and I don't own some bank or finance company my soul

·
Registered
25 Posts
congrats for sure! living in the country is certainly a blessing and a lot better than "city life" any day. not having a mortgage must be a good feeling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.