Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
08 looked like a pretty good year!!!!
2008 had to be the best year I ever had hunting!
My best hunting buddy was along for much of the hunting. He also did great. He finished out the year having harvested caribou & a black bear that got him into the Boone & Crocket book & was recorded as number 24 for all time in PA.

He's the one in camo & he stands 6'3" tall

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Those are amazing pics from you Gamestalker!!!! That bear is a monster he must stand around 7 ft!!!! He's giving the John Deere a workout.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
excellent photo's for sure, I love that Bear, excellent harvest right there.

R

·
0 Posts
flippin awesome. with a flint lock no less. congrats to all.

gamestalker, what exactly is that flint lock you are using?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the compliments.

The rifle is a custom built, representative of an Allentown area flintlock that would've been made around the 1760's. I picked it up near Allentown, PA during a gun builders fair that's held every year at a muzzleloader shop in Kempton, PA.
The builder is: Tip Curtis Frontier Shop P.O. Box 203 4445 Jernigan Rd. Cross Plains, Tenn. 37049 (615)654-4445

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you go to any of those rendezvous things?
I haven't yet, but there's one in the Adirondack's in New York State every year that I want to get to. It takes place after the opening of the NY northern zone deer season & it's a combination rendezvous/hunt.

R

·
0 Posts
I haven't yet, but there's one in the Adirondack's in New York State every year that I want to get to. It takes place after the opening of the NY northern zone deer season & it's a combination rendezvous/hunt.
sounds like it would be a good time, if you're into the flintlocks/tradtional weapons and such.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts