Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight finally got everything together and mounted. I had a 1-3/4X5 redfield scope and son bought me the scope saddlemount for Christmas. Put a sling on it and now ready for the range to see how it all works. While there is no rush as this year's hunt is over I still want to see how it's going to group. Now I am down 2 scopes and will need to decide what to purchase. In the summer I'm going to switch the Leupold 3x9x40 from the TC Triumph to the Win 88 and will need a new scope for the Triumph. Also, I need a scope for the Savage 99 250-3000 so It will require some extensive OT next year. :crybaby:

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wd, maybe that's something that happens when I head to the range for another sight-in and do a good cleaning then re-sight on the 870. I can see because you never get the barrel tork the same way twice could change the down range hits.

·
Registered
8,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WD, scope not available from Midway, says one time run, but thanks for the heads up. Spiker thanks too, I'll try a few boxes to see what shoots. You slug hunters how do the 3" saboted slugs shoot?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.