Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My uncle and i have 100 acres of prime hunting habitat and only about 7 or eight guys hunt on it wiht us... well last night i was sitting in this stand that we call the no.5 stand and it has a feeder.... usually we get slammed with deer in there and i see them everytinme i hunt there i killed two last week but kast night none came..... could it be possible that we are hunting it to much and the deer are catching on to us?:no:

·
Registered
602 Posts
100 acres with 7 or 8 guys. how many of you hunt at the same time. that is alot of guys on 100 acres. few years ago i had 80 acres by myself. weekend hunts were fine, but a week long hunt was very hard. had to be very anal about scent control. they would be on to me after 3-4 days.

G

·
100 acres with 7 or 8 guys. how many of you hunt at the same time. that is alot of guys on 100 acres. few years ago i had 80 acres by myself. weekend hunts were fine, but a week long hunt was very hard. had to be very anal about scent control. they would be on to me after 3-4 days.
i agree..........

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
yup too many hunters on the property. I like a 1/2 mile square by myself if possible. Sometimes bow hunting I can only get 400 yds separation. Depends on the area and terrain and travel routes. I don't hunt over a feeder so that most likely changes the senerio.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts