Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 6 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know much about the 325 short mag. I think it was manufactured in 2006 and the only three companies that I know of that produce it is Browning, Savage, and Ruger. I want something that will shoot a long distance with little drop. I have been looking at the 300 ultra mag but the bullets are very expensive. I have heard good things about the 325 and wanted to know what ya ll think about it. Also do any of you have a Savage rifle and if so do you like it and the Accu trigger.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I want something to shoot anywhere from 300 to 500 yards. I don't plan to shoot a a deer at 500 yds but me and my buddies love to shoot and always try to out do one another and stuff like that. I am going with a relative elk hunting and I don't feel confident with the range of my Browning 30-06. I don't want to buy a rifle that is too big for deer but it has to be big enough for elk at 300 yds. I been looking a 300 ultra mag for a while and they finally made it in a left handed Remington xcr model that I really wanted but I heard about the 325 and was curious. A gun shop owner in my town says he shoots his Savage 325 at 600 yds. He says its flatter than a 300 ultra mag and has as much knock down power as a 338. I wont take his word alone on it and let him talk me into buying that gun until I know more about it.

1 - 2 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.