Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For most of my hunting life I have hunted with a Remington 700 chambered in .270 WIN. I recently inherited a Remington 700 in .30-06 Spring. I have heard that the 150 grain bullet is the ballistic performer of this caliber. Typically I used Hornady ammo in my .270, but wanted to check with those who shoot .30-06 to see what you guys are having good results with. I picked up a box of Remington Premier Scirocco Bonded to make sure that the gun was still sighted properly. How does the Scirocco Bonded stack up to Hornady SST that I usually run through my .270?

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

Joel

G

·
RE: Not really K

RE: Not really Kary. When you buy a coerkod organization you assume their liabilities along with their assets. That's an over simplification of the treatment of liabilities in the BAC acquisition of Countrywide. The acquisition was done as a reverse triangular merger leaving the Countrywide operations in a corporation that's a subsidiary of BAC. That may leave the old BAC (parent corporation) insulated from the liabilities of Countrywide (subsidiary owned by BAC) depending upon the law of each individual state and how the acquired company was treated by BAC after the merger. If BAC were to win the issue, it would mean that only the Countrywide assets and operations held as a subsidiary of BAC would be liable for the old Countrywide liabilities, and not all the BAC assets and operations. Google Countrywide reverse triangular merger and it will pull up a bunch of cases litigating the issue. I think New York law is favorable to the claimants but California and Delaware may hold in favor of BAC. Rate this comment: 0 0

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I've always used the Rem Core Lokt 165 grain. I think that it was because the gun was a Rem so it made sense to use Rem ammo. I get heckled alot for it but it works for me and I guess I will stick with it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
My 2 cents

I have 3 rifles in 30-06. I love this calibre. In my opinion the 165gr bullet is the perfect weight for deer if it is using a lead core. The rifle manufactures that I know of use a 1 in 10 twist rate in the 30-06 and this will stablize from 150-200gr without trouble. If you go the the newer lead free bullet a 150gr bullet is about the same length as a traditional 165gr lead core. The premium bullet you bought had a bonded core which should hold together better if hitting large bone at close range. In my opinion again, if you get the chance to go after Elk you may want to stick with 180gr bullets or 165gr without a lead core.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts