Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I recommend you take it to a gunsmith. I've done it just enough to know it can be a dangerous do it yourself project. One mistake can be way too many.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've worked on Remington triggers with mixed results. The best advice I can give is to play it safe. Take the rifle to a gunsmith and see if it can be adjusted to your liking or retrofit it with a better after-market trigger. These can be expensive, but they are the best way to improve accuracy in any rifle. Really, a good trigger will make a world of different!

R

·
0 Posts
the 710? i don't know. i'll go with onehorse on this one especially about the world of difference a nice trigger can make.

R

·
0 Posts
timber, oh heck yeah. the receiver is the base and its not much work these days days to build a custom rifle at a price that would surprise you. barrels, triggers, stocks, short money compared to even 10 years ago. bell and carlson stock $200. timney trigger $100. barrel $200. smithing $200. base reciever
$75 for a crap mauser or sprigflield rifle. one of a kind rifle thats just what you want and fits you. good as or better than anything you could buy for a grand

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts