Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
adding the 40 yd group. Had to make a scope adjustment for this group. The scope was really close for each graduation, sight in at 20 yds set the bolt fps and each group after that was close at the 30-40 yds. Bolts are Easton's full metal jackets.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
HM
Trying out the rage huh
So far I like the job they do

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
adding the 40 yd group. Had to make a scope adjustment for this group. The scope was really close for each graduation, sight in at 20 yds set the bolt fps and each group after that was close at the 30-40 yds. Bolts are Easton's full metal jackets.
HM this is ideal grouping for any hunter, If it were me, I wouldn't make further adjusments,
keeping in mind a deers first reaction is to squat before they leap makes this group pattern perfect.
Good Luck

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still have that bad neck/shoulder, poor eye sight, tremble at times, hungry most of the time, low blood sugar attacks, high blood pressure, water on the knee, joints all swollen, fillings in the teeth, hair is thinning. :surprised:..... I'll find something to use. :bye:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BB, you're right and the farther out you go the more time the deer can react. I just don't like a low hit even though you think the shot was good, missing the heart equals a wounded lost deer. Just 2 clicks up and 2 to the left put things right where I feel pretty good out to 40 yds. Always the goal being to shoot closer but having the confidence to go out just a bit farther. The more I shoot the scope with the built in yardage marks the more I like it. Just a FYI, my son who's pretty strong tried to cock the bow with-out the string aid and had a rough time of it. The string cocking aid makes fairly easy work at the 200 lb draw weight of the Vortex.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts