Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
WOW...looks like a really nice place. I can't wait to finally build ours. What kind of heat do you have in there?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey thanks, we run propane with a infrared wall mount heater. Works too well, upstairs gets a bit warm so we have to curtain off the stairwell. To the right of the cabin is the spring house with some of the best water ever. Out back we installed a wood fired steam sauna. What kind of camp are you planning? Propane got expensive for a while, we have 4-100 lb bottles and go through around 8 per year. We may set a 500 gal bulk tank uphill as its a bit cheaper to fill bulk tanks.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
That's an Awesome looking Camp HM... If walls could talk, I bet there's some good Stories they could tell. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
HM we may be budds soon as im moving to PA.At my old camp we used propane lights and a heavy duty generator that was "liberated" from a welding truck to power the electric and the pump for the well.Me im looking into solar.anyone try those yet?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Thats an awesome camp.. I could move in there for good..

Joel I havent tried solar anything yet.. But I was thinking about rigging up some batteries charged by solar to run my lights in the barn.. Just dont know enough about it yet to know how well it would work.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would like to do one of those prefabbed log cabins. Well, they cut the logs and you have to assemble them. Others involved want to put up an A frame cabin. Doesn't really matter to me I guess...anything is better than what we have now. For the last 7 years we have been using an old farmhouse, but it is getting a little shaky these days. It has a really good wood stove that will probably be moved to the new hunting cabin whenever we get it done. The spot we picked out for the new cabin is close enough that we can get electricity and rural water too:w00t:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Looks like heaven on earth to me. I'm with Buck I could just live there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts