Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the entire Tennessee Hunting book but i'm still not sure if hunting over a deercane, salt block, mineral block or acorn rage type product is legal in Tennessee. Any help would be appreciated,
:crazy: Thanks Gutz.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Ive hunted alot around areas that have man-made salt/mineral licks in TN. Deer cane would fall into that catagory as well. The acorn rage I dont know about though. It looks like they would consider that a food source, which is illegal.

Any kind of flavored syrup or salt that the ground soaks up is legal.

I havent bought the acorn rage yet but isnt that stuff almost like a ground up meal?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
call your local game warden .they will know for sure,they hand out the tickets

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Thats the best thing you can do.. He will break it down into something like this. (most likely)

Anything that is over 51% weight in salt and or mineral is ok. It just cannot have a natural food source in it. For example ground up acorns. I believe the flavoring is fine just not the real stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks buckfever

I finally got in touch with a TWRA biologist today. He actually returned my call LOL He says deer cane is legal and like you said all mineral type products are OK Acorn Rage is'nt. It contains soybeans, acorns and other food products. Thanks for your help and have a great season Gutz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts