Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope ronn or huntnh can give more details on this because I only caught the tail end story of a New Hampshire man
that was attacked by a 10 point buck while he was stacking his firewood.
A N.H. wildlife officer said the wood probably sounded like the sounds of 2 fighting bucks which triggered the attack.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UPDATE !!! It happened in New York not New Hampshire.

Associated Press - November 17, 2009 9:45 AM ET

MOIRA, N.Y. (AP) - A northern New York man is recovering after being attacked by a 10-point buck while he was loading firewood.

Authorities say 56-year-old Gerald Dabiew was cut and bruised from head to toe by the buck outside his house in Moira, 200 miles north of Albany.

Dabiew's house is surrounded by woods, so he didn't think twice when he saw the buck crossing the road - until the animal charged and knocked him down.

Dabiew - who says he doesn't hunt - wrapped his legs around the animal's neck and held onto its antlers as it battered him. The attack on Friday lasted several minutes before the buck ran off.

He says wood he was dropping into a bucket could have sounded like the antlers of jousting deer knocking together, a noise hunters often mimic to lure deer during rutting season.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm not positive but I think our news said he was in serious condition, I hope for his sake and the sake of all his loved ones he's ok.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Many years back a man was killed not far from where I hunt in PA. A buck hit the man in the chest and killed him. Strange things happen everywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts