1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
mmmmm something go wrong in the kitchen today:lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really didn't think I'd have to spell out the point I was trying to make but... The point is you didn't get anything on cooking tips for strawberry pancakes or anything else for that matter but cooking safety. Ahh I give up. its like talking to my kid sometimes.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
ya got something to say then say it no need to beat around the bush.If this about the other topic i dont understand the problem,maybe im slow

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
ronn, it looks like you didn't get it! I thought I'd inject a small bit of humor and lighten up the post some. Sorry, but you seem to be a bit up tight, say whats on your mind and let us debate it. Thats what this site does best. Most of us have a great deal of hunting experience to share, this is what I enjoy doing. What others do with the advise we share that is their choise. Lay it on us what's on your mind?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I just looked at the guys question differently. If I were doing a seminar on deer hunting, or any other hunting, hunting safety would be a big part of it. I took it as and limited to tips on DEER hunting not hunting in general. I've been doing turkey hunting seminars for a number of years now and safety is one of the first things I cover, but during the Q and A its never a question of safety. its, what would you do if blah blah blah. To answer the question I don't rehash safety things unless the question is a safety issue. I'm going to be doing a couple turkey hunting seminars in Manchester, NH, our biggest city, at the sportsman show there this Sat. They will be abbreviated due to time but safety will still be part of it. I thought lumping safety in with those 10 tips was doing a disservice to hunting safety and deer hunting. You've got to admit there are way more than 10 safety points to make about hunting safety. That's all I was trying to get at and I did get the humor you put in there just thought maybe my humor was missed. not a big deal everyone still has their birthdays.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
okay i see what the deal is lets all shake hands and go to our separate corners and come out swinging:w00t: nah thats a bad idea how bout we all just relax and get back to talking hunting.Im going tomorrow anybody else.snow/canada geese and yotes are still open in NY:ibtl:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
we could but i like banana/blueberry:lol:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
naw, I'm just going to work instead. No sense in having any fun in life, just nose to the grindstone, feed the kids, oh well you just enjoyyour day hunting, I'll make some more sulfuric acid so the gas refineries can get that $4.00 / gal they need!

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Ahhh a good safe chef, I wish all hunters would hunt like you cook.

:w00t:

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
1. hey what if it was an Electric stove?
2. what if the paper towel touched the hot electric coil?
3. what if it wasn't the right fire extinguisher?
4. what if there wasnt a second exit door, would a window work?
5. How can you tell if the stove was maintained properly?
6. what if there isn't good ventilation?
7. what if it's not a grease fire but a paper towel fire?
8. what if the cook isn't using pots but pans instead, is the lid still dangerous?
9. What if the strawberries went bad?
10. how do you know which fire extinguisher is the right one?
11. what if the kids don't like pancakes?

WHAT if I asked more than 10 Questions?

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Did you guys know that alcohol stoves burn nearly clear, you can't see the flame. I know these were used in the marine industry, not sure if they are anymore? Many cheifs were inavertantly burned while cooking pancakes inside the cabin of the boat! It could be that they didn't follow the 10 basic safety rules for alcohol stove use.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts