Deer Hunting Forums banner

Boy's first deer

10K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  ninhht 
#1 ·
Well little fly made a great shot on his first ever deer this morning. He was using a mossburg 270. It was a 6 point buck, 140 ish lbs. made a quatering shot. Deer made one hop then a few slow steps for about fifteen yards and fell over. Pic to come in a short when I can get home and down size n upload.

#3 ·
thanks HM, he was ready to go. about ten mins before that deer came in he asked if we could go home cas he thought we was just going to have a bust day. because about an hour before that someone shot behind us. (id say about 400 yards or so back) and we had the wind in our favor (in our face) but the deer for the shot came in running but winded us as soon as the broke the hill, and already skidish from just being shot at one blew and they went another way. he thought it was all over and a waste of time from then on till the buck come in!! boy how fast his mood changed, i think hes called everyone that he knows and starting the list over again just in case they didnt get the full story the first time :lol:

now that he got his, time for me to try to knock one out, i took the scent glands off that deer. i like to use them. they are better than any store bought atractaint by far !! but only good for about three or four days if it stays cool.

why cant i upload a pic ? im trying to up load a Jpeg and ive got it down well under the size and it keeps telling me its not a valid format. :crazy: its a jpeg pic and under size what more can i do ???

#8 ·
First of all, CONGRATS to both you and your son on that great hunt! I know he's still very excited!!

Now, to address the upload of pics, the exact same thing has happened to me recently. I've uploaded over 100 pics here before, without issue. Since last Sunday, I can upload none, including those I've re-sized. I have had zero issues here, prior. And, I have no issues anywhere else, but here. Something screwy here....:wacko: :wallbash:

#14 ·
Actually, Julie, he did not kill someone... he killed an ANIMAL. and NO, I'm sure he has NO regrets because he just produced food for his family and that is a VERY responsible lesson that he has learned and will probably remember for the rest of his life. Too bad all kids can't learn how to support their families like this young man... if they did we wouldn't have deadbeats screwing around and having 10 kids just collect money from the gov't and we wouldn't have people like you handing out free food stamps and welfare to lazy people in this country who mooch off us hard-working Americans.

My opinion. :bye: Have a nice day!

#20 ·
When will the little peta people learn not to mess with hunters? Julie, please go back to science class and learn about over population of animals and then read your local newspaper in the obits whenever a person is killed when they hit a deer with their car, then please read the Bible in the old testament when God gave the directive to to all hunters to go out and harvest the game that he supplied. Hunting of game has been the single best method of controlling over populations of animals, period. I am sad at the number of dogs killed everyday by city dog wardens, maybe you should put your money to that cause. One more thing, watch a video of coyotes or wolves taking down a game animal and eating it while it's still alive. I guess that's ok with you because you are simply anti-hunter. Congrats to Big Fly and Little Fly on their great memory!

#22 ·
i agree, well said HM !! now i have seen this going on over the past few days but didnt want to get into typing on my phone to respond but now im on my home putter.

first, i feel killing any thing there are only two reasons, 1) food, 2) life treating self defiance. my son has wanted to squrail hut for quite some time now and its not my favorite meal but i sure dont mind it from time to time but i kept asking my boy if he was gonna eat it at first he was saying no and i would not take him. i went and killed two myself one fox and one gray and made dinner that night. son ate and said same as me not his favorite but not bad either, but also didnt like it enough to want to go kill one anymore. and if i was to ever catch him killing a regular bird or any animal for the fun of it that would be the end of his hunting in this house.

second, my son as wanted to hunt for a few years now and i would not let him untill he got a hunter safe course (orange card) and was at a age he could properly shoot with an acurate shot with grouping on a target, i would not take him with a poke and hope adatude, and i dont feel any adult should take a youth untill they reach that capability, for my son it was age 12 and i realy dont see how some take 5 and 6 year olds myself i dont see how they would have the knowlage to know background, hold and shoot a gun acuratly or safely and if so small the adult is having to help well is that youth hunting or adult filling a youth tag

third my boy is still very proud of his harvest, and telles everyone how great eating the roast were off of it, and caint wait till next deer season to try and put another one in the freezer.

i realy dont feel like i needed to justify the matter but i also felt i needed to add my two cents of clarifacation on the topic.

would i take him again , of course !!!
:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.