best turkey hunting broadhead - Deer Hunting Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Prada
  • 1 Post By AllanHF88

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

best turkey hunting broadhead

I'm planing to take my bear attitude with me to the Turkey woods this spring, and it was curious what a broadhead for turkey would be the best for body shots. I know that many people like rage, but I am not a bit of a rage. Just curious to see what everyone wears and find the top of your favorite new turkey. Thanks in advance
marcel909 likes this.
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 04:33 AM
Scrub Buck

Hey @Prada ,

I am not a proffessional in turkey hunt, to be honest. I am more into deer and duck hunting. I tried turkey fishing with my friends though, and a friend of mine recommended me excalibur's broadhead for turkey hunt, which I purchased. Here's the link if you are interested: https://www.recreationid.com/excalib...-mpn-6670.html I must say, that this type of hunt is very specific and to me, is very different from the regular hunt I'm used to. Frankly, broadhead is not a rifle, man...

If you want my opinion, I recommend you to try everything and then determine, whether that's the hunt style you wish to be into. Also, never buy used broadhead, man, not to pay for junk. It's better to go with a less expensive yet new set.
marcel909 likes this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Scrub Buck

Choosing Broadheads For Turkey

I like mechanical broadheads with at least 2-inch cutting diameters, although many of these will only feature two blades. While they are a good choice, I am starting to lean toward three-blade mechanicals with slightly smaller cutting diameters, but more cutting surface area. Either way, choose something that will cut as much as possible and practice with them ahead of time if at all possible. Counting on any type of broadhead to shoot exactly the same as a field point is asking for trouble, so figure that out ahead of time.

Lastly, although it is not touched on much in the realm of turkeys, make sure your turkey hunting broadheads are wicked sharp. I often touch up blades on both my mechanical and fixed heads to ensure they are razor sharp. Turkey feathers, especially wings, are really good at slowing down arrows fitted with large broadheads. Load your quiver with arrows tipped with perfect-flying, wide-cutting, razor-sharp heads and you will have a much better chance of watching your longbeard hit the dirt beak first instead of flying off to parts unknown.

Marcel
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-07-2018, 08:48 AM
Scrub Buck

Check out these food plot tips... if you can listen between the laughter you can actually learn something! https://youtu.be/y1zeqbGUUCo
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Scrub Buck

Absolutely agree with marcel909 that the broadheads with 2-inch cutting diameters are the best for this purpose. I would add for myself that I can`t do without turkey vest `cause it helps me to make an accurate shot. And also I put all my accessories in various pockets. I have the turkey vest similar to these https://under-the-open-sky.com/best-turkey-vests/ And what other special things do you use during turkey hunting?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode