Deer Hunting Forums banner

nice a shotgun spot

6K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  billp 
#1 ·
i like since shot gun is a horse of another collor as to rifle but i do belive that the shotgun is the best gun to own for it is the most veristial one

#2 ·
"beware The Man Who Owns One Gun Hes Liable To Know How To Use It Well"

#4 ·
my first was a ruger 10/22.But for hunting i got a mossberg 500 with 2 barells. for bird 1 for deer .It has served me well over the years:wink:

#6 ·
:goodposting: GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE:yes:

#8 ·
My first was an old single shot break open in 16ga.Not even sure what brand it was but I do remember that it kicked like a mule.Seems it had a plastic hollow stock and weighed next to nothing.Did get to take my very first deer with it.One day my uncle shot it and the buttstock broke.The only emotion I felt was relief.Good ole dad bought one of those slip on gunboots and I was back in business.He made it up to me a few years later when he bought me a Remington 700 in 243.Man that was one sweet rifle.I shot it open sights the first two years.
It would drive nails at 50 yds.Later he put me a 4pwr redfield scope on it.The ways of hunting and people was a lot different back then.I miss those old days and the old timers.

#10 ·
we have a big thankgiving dinner in deer camp:biggrin:

#11 ·
when i was i little snot nosed brat could not wait to go on the thanks giving day hunt before supper. one of my early memories is crying my eyes out that i wanted to go huntin with daddy an my uncle and cuzents. only one left from my dad family groupe is my cuz charlie and he is 74 ithink the ones my age just gave up hunting to early for them or too cold. remember my first deer at the age of 8 was visting a relitive on the reservation during season. man was that a good day the next was the deer i took at age 16 when i was old enough to join dad and charlie on the hunt. was just light enough to see and got a ten pointer. i offten wish i could go back to those ages and live it all over the memories mean a lot to me maybe if i could go back in time i would see some thing else that could make them mean more

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.