Deer Hunting Forums banner

Stoeger 12Ga Auto

11K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  onehorse 
#1 ·
Hey all,
been busy since last hunting season so I apologize for not being on here at all since.
I have been looking for a new shot gun & found a Stoeger 12Ga Auto I beleive it is a model 2000? could be wrong
anyone know if these guns are any good stoeger's in general? never shot one but it shouldered very well & light weight
Thanks in advance & hope to be back on regular soon

#2 ·
if im not mistaken they are chinese knockoffs of american brands .they are pretty popular but the one i held was heavy

#3 ·
Only thing I have heard is they use benelli parts don't know if it is true or not?
I do know the one I shouldered is lighter then my Mossberg 835 pump

#6 ·
Stoeger 2000

I use a 2000 for deer (most recent buck is posted in the Trophy Room on this site), pheasants, turkey, doves, rabbit, and my freezer is full.

Stoeger is, in fact, a Benelli/Beretta product, manufactured in Turkey, not China. It is light, reliable, takes on all kinds of weather and is not expensive.

I keep one barrel rigged with a turkey choke, one barrel I use with a skeet choke for pheasant, and I use the cantilevered barrel for deer. I keep a Tasco ProPoint Red Dot permanently mounted on that fully rifled barrel, which accepts Weaver-type mounts.

You cannot tap the receiver of the 2000. You will need to get the cantilevered barrel - it will run in the $225.00 range. I believe that barrel is now discontinued, so act fast if you want one. I also have a (Belgian) Browning Light 12, a Browning Auto 5, a Benelli M3, and an Aya 20 ga. - all great guns.

I recommend the Stoeger 2000: it is a workhorse, no nonsense hunting gun. Safe and productive hunting, brothers.

#7 ·
thanks for the correction .I wasnt sure like i said

#9 ·
OK Missed that deal took to long thinking about it which may not be a bad thing I am looking to spend No more then $400.00 any suggestion's on guns I should look for
I am looking for 12Ga Semi Auto as I am verticaly challenged so I have a short wingspand so most pumps do not fit me well & have sold my 835 already so I need one by May 3rd (open day for Turkey up here)

#10 ·
Hey all,
been busy since last hunting season so I apologize for not being on here at all since.
I have been looking for a new shot gun & found a Stoeger 12Ga Auto I beleive it is a model 2000? could be wrong
anyone know if these guns are any good stoeger's in general? never shot one but it shouldered very well & light weight
Thanks in advance & hope to be back on regular soon
Stoeger is what I use for turkeys, doves, waterfowl and have been pleased with it. Still a little pissed they do not make a rifled slug barrel for it. I know they had manufacture issues but still not making one is stupid.

#13 ·
:yes: gfdeputy2 - So a Mossberg pump is a bad fit for you? A fine gun and right in your price range. Sorry you missed out on that Stoeger. On the other hand, I glad wmi found his barrel. Life sort of evens itself out, eh, boys???:confused: By the way, remember: when you're sighting your shotgun in this Fall, do it on a cold morning. And then don't clean your gun until AFTER you tag your deer. You may shoot 3, or 7, but very rarely 10 slugs through that barrel, zeroing in on that sweet spot at 100, or 150yds. You want to keep your gun in the same cold and 'dirty' condition it is in when you take that last perfect 'zeroed' shot. Cleaning your gun after zeroing in might affect that one first shot through a cold barrel on opening day to prevent the clean kill you want. Safe hunting.

#14 ·
unfortunately it doesn't the reach to the forgrip is long & uncomfortable the gun however shoots sweet I just don't feel as one with it like i do other guns with the semi's I dont have to reach so far out

#16 ·
Well My Quest is over I purchased a Charles Daly Field Hunter semi auto
I have shot a few boxes & am really impressed with it so far
for a cheap autoloader this thing shoots great just hope it holds up

#18 ·
Thanks HM I hope I do too
Can't afford a $1,200 autoloader right now or even half of that so I knew going in I was not expecting anything great
but for $200.00 Oh my this so far is well worth the money
CD should make a few changes to them though & have more accessories for them but we will have to see
hopefully Ole Tom will be down May 3rd

#20 ·
I got a Benelli M-2, which is what the Stoeger mimics. They as well as Franchi are all part of Berretta. The Stoeger 2000 is made in Turkey, and although it looks like a M-2, the parts are not ineterchangeable, and the Stoeger parts are not machined or polished as well as the M-2. Nor does the Stoeger come with the recoil suppression system of the Benelli. Of course, the price is right, as at around $1300, the Benelli is a big stretch of the pocketbook. Here's a website address to a forum that will give lots of opinions on these guns: Benelli USA Forums - Powered by vBulletin They are sections on here for all those brands and models so you can see what the owners think of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.