Hunting test- would most pass? - Deer Hunting Forums
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
B&C 140 Class

Hunting test- would most pass?

After reading about shooters in I think it was Norway or Finland having to qualify by taking a written test and a shooting test. I have to wonder how I and most of us that hunt here in the USA would do if we had to take one. I am not saying we need more regs or barriers to keep us out of the woods. I think that I would not have a problem with the basic anatomee(sp) portion. The shooting portion that required hitting animal targets at 100M from the basic positions again would not be to bad. The one that would be fun and hard is the moving target, you must hit it 2 out of 3 times in 15 or 20 seconds. I have never seen a range that is set up for a left to right mover so I will probibly never get the chance to try it. This test was required for Moose in the country it was being taken in. So has anyone had to take one of these tests? If so what was it like?

Karl
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 11:13 PM
B&C 160 Class

i think it would be a good idea to have to re certify every once in a wile. take a quick writen test, just to keep hunters safty fresh in your mind, and a shooting test to make sure you can take down your game without to much suffering on there part. but mabey instead of punishing failure. they could reward sucsess. say for example if you have passed the writen and shooting test in the last 3 years hunting season opens for you a week before normal. then every one who take hunting, and hunters safty seriously gets in the woods, and hopfully tags a deer before all the yahoos hit the woods.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
B&C 200 Class

I say do it by senority!
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 08:18 AM
B&C 140 Class

There are places in Illinois that require qualifying before bowhunting. Goverment land that is. I think it's not required for firearms, just archery.

We cannot continue to do the same things and expect different results
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:05 AM
B&C 100 Class

I would like to know how many people would complain and not take it just because it was mandatory compared to how many would participate if it were optional.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 09:34 AM
B&C 140 Class

The written portion of the test is mandatory here in TX for anyone born after Sep 1971. Although not required for me, I will take it this year with my son (and hopefully daughter) when we go take the class from the local game warden.

If they have to take it, won't they kinda sorta think different if I didn't take it as well???
Anyone else's thoughts on this???
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 AM

I dont see anything wrong with stepping up to take a hunter safety course or a refresher course from time to time.
I for one am a strong believer in, Leading by example.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
B&C 140 Class

Hunter safety course is required here also if you're born after a certian date. But it is a 1 time only thing. I also think a hunter safety card (or equivilent) from your home state is required some places out west regardless of age.

We cannot continue to do the same things and expect different results
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-28-2010, 12:09 PM
ronn

i didn't have to take the bow hunter safety course but i did anyway, with my son.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 05:27 PM
B&C 140 Class

Wow, Thats a tough one. and again, there is the proverbial two edged sword to contend with.

1. I dont like the idea of doing things in follow step form of the european countries. This is not europe(allthough it is getting closer all the time) and we need to remain opposed from their mindsets. or we will end up like London.

2. allthough I agree some form of keeping the fools and idiots out of the woods and or from hunting, how, without infringing on our God given rights is a really good question. and one that should undergo much scrutiny before adoption.

3. I'll think of something else, trust me.

Last edited by Predator; 05-29-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode