Hunting test- would most pass? - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 06:06 PM
B&C 200 Class

I too do not want more restrictions and control by government. I don't know about more tests???? Would have to put a whole lot more thought to this one!
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 07:03 PM
B&C 140 Class

In Montana, Hunter/Firearms Training is required if you are a first time hunter born after a certain date. But everyone who wants a black bear license, regardless of age or how long you've been hunting, has to take a one-time only test on identifying black bears and grizzlies. This is to help prevent accidental shooting of grizzlies. FWP offers an on-line course after which you can take the test and get certified. You can take the course and test as many times as you like or need. It's free, and I think a lot of you guys would have a lot of fun with it... even if you aren't going to hunt black bears in Montana. Go to:Bear Identification Program :: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks and follow the links and instructions - when you get to the Bear ID Program page click on "Click here to start" at the bottom of the page. Have fun and let me know what you think. Hell, I think I'll take it again, myself, just for fun!

Last edited by onehorse; 05-29-2010 at 07:10 PM.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 07:37 PM
B&C 140 Class

Testing designed to inform or teach might be a good thing, but testing to ban or regulate, vehemently opposed.
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 09:40 PM
B&C 100 Class

i am opposed to all testing for people who have not broken any laws. We need to hold people accountable for bad behavior. An example is no
hunter safety requirements, BUT if you injury someone you are completely liable for their expenses, lost wages etc. I know people will disagree but i am a firm believer in freedom and to me this means if i ain't affecting your freedom leave me alone. We are all suppose to be innocent until proven guilty and testing means you are guilty of being an idiot until proven innocent by passing a test.

guppy11
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 09:47 PM
B&C 140 Class

yeah, but I would rather the idiot was somehow eliminated before he shot me.
expenses paid or not.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2010, 11:28 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehorse View Post
In Montana, Hunter/Firearms Training is required if you are a first time hunter born after a certain date. But everyone who wants a black bear license, regardless of age or how long you've been hunting, has to take a one-time only test on identifying black bears and grizzlies. This is to help prevent accidental shooting of grizzlies. FWP offers an on-line course after which you can take the test and get certified. You can take the course and test as many times as you like or need. It's free, and I think a lot of you guys would have a lot of fun with it... even if you aren't going to hunt black bears in Montana. Go to:Bear Identification Program :: Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks and follow the links and instructions - when you get to the Bear ID Program page click on "Click here to start" at the bottom of the page. Have fun and let me know what you think. Hell, I think I'll take it again, myself, just for fun!
First try with no study missed 2.........7/8/2010 ct123536 Date of Certification Certificate Number

Born on a mountain raised in a cave huntin and fishin is all I crave
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 02:48 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellbilly View Post
First try with no study missed 2.........7/8/2010 ct123536 Date of Certification Certificate Number
What about the test that makes sure you can identify the diference between black bears and grizzlys from other hunters. there seems to be a big problem there too.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 02:49 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehorse View Post

What about the test that makes sure you can identify the diference between black bears and grizzlys from other hunters. there seems to be a big problem there too.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2010, 06:17 AM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

I think the mere mention of another (test) is nuts (being nice). This is how the gov finds ways to tax you to death. $10 bow, $20 gun,$15 tree stand,,$10 fur bearer, etc...------Sure have a test for all and the next thing is your lic. just went up another $500 a year. They will say it is for the good but it is really just another tax. Taken a look at how long the list is now of taxes or fees you are paying? Enough with these types of great ideas.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode