schmidt and bender scope - Deer Hunting Forums
Rifle Hunting Discuss Rifle Season topics

post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

schmidt and bender scope

my friends and gun dealer cant talk up schmidt and bender scopes enough ,are they all their cracked up to be or over priced and over hyped
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 PM

Don't know. Never heard anything about them.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 PM
B&C 200 Class

Have heard of them but no experience with them.
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 PM
B&C 140 Class

Perfection at a price....

All I have ever read or viewed in person was that these are great. Are they better than Zeiss or Swarovski I am not sure, but they do cost the most. I know that the Germans/Austrians take their sniper rifles very seriously. The scopes on those rifles are almost always Schmidt-Bender. I think they are made as perfect as possible, and that costs a lot of money. Can I see the difference over a top of the line Leopold, not in normal use. For me that is from the shooting bench at 100 yards, or walking through the woods hunting at 25-125 yards. I personally am fine with spending 1000.xx on a rifle and another 400.xx-500.xx on a scope. What I would not do is place a 2500.xx scope on a 1000.xx rifle. I would never buy a Lambordini either, not that I would ever have the option to own one.

Karl
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
B&C 140 Class

I just found this writeup in Field and Stream...

Schmidt & Bender Summit riflescope
Schmidt & Bender is a small company that makes nothing but riflescopes, and until now has made nothing but German-style scopes. The Summit is its first 100 percent American-style scope. It’s a 2.5X-10X with a 1-inch tube. It is neither bulky nor heavy. I used one, and can tell you that S&Bs very likely have the best optics of any scope on the market. The Summit is the top of the heap, and is priced accordingly. Schmidtbender.com

I was just reading Field and Streams website and they had this from Shot Show 2010... I don't know when they will be around from distributors like MidwayUSA..

Karl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode