Piston or Cavs? - Deer Hunting Forums
Pro Sports Discuss your favorite (or least favorite) teams from the NFL, MLB, NHL, etc.

View Poll Results: Who will make it to the finals?
Detroit Pistons 2 50.00%
Cleveland Cavaliers 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2007, 11:54 PM Thread Starter

Pistons or Cavs?

Does James stand a chance against this team. Here is to hoping it's a good series. Upset?

Last edited by Spike; 05-30-2007 at 02:16 AM.
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-21-2007, 11:31 AM

i voted for the pistons only because i think they will win the series. i would rather the cavs pull off the upset but i dont think james can do it by hisself. that foreign dude with the last name of paplovich or something like that can help james out alot if he can get hot on the 3's. i just dont see it happening though due to the fact the pistons have to much experience and several talented players. (mr. prince ain't one of them either. i could take that guy 1 on 1.)

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2007, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Tick tick, time running out...James drives to the basket and...passes. Much to the dismay of many he passes to Donyell Marshall and his 35% 3pt shooting for the year. Down by 2 and taking a 3 pointer to end the game wasn't such a bad idea to steal one on the road in my opinion. You couldn't get more open, if the basket went everyone would be saying Lebron the hero with his would have been triple double, instead he came up 1 assist shy and he's an idiot for not ball hogging. You win some and lose some.
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 AM

yeah you cant fault him to much for passing. even though i was wondering why he did not just take the shot myself

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 11:33 PM

pistons up 2 games to none. game 2 did have a little more excitement though

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

Almost looked like an instant replay in that game. 30+ seconds left...James drives to the basket...and passes to Pavlovic this time...he goes up for the shot and forgets to shoot...traveling is the call. Come on now. The Pistons got the calls or lack there of at the end of the game though. If Varejao wasn't such a flopper he probably would have got the call when Rasheed Wallace created plenty of room to make the shot down the stretch. Then at the end James got fouled about three times in the same play by "Rip" Hamilton. I know the refs don't like to make the call at the end of the game but that looked obvious to me. Maybe he should have passed again.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 02:05 AM Thread Starter

Well the Cavs have done their job at home. They could have been up in this series so easily at this point. Drew Gooden is doing just enough. Larry Hughes is becoming nonexistent, but they are getting quality play from rookie Daniel Gibson, '06 2nd round pick from Texas. James is averaging an impressive 25 points 8 assists 8 rebounds right about. Might want to tune in to this series, it's shaped up to be a good one. If you can stand to watch Ilgauskas throwing up his ugly hook shots.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:40 AM Thread Starter

Cavs go up 3-2 after winning in double OT in Detroit. Led by Lebron James biggest playoff game, with 48 points, they pulled off the upset 109-107. The chance will be there to win at home to make it to the finals, but you know how good the Pistons are with their backs against the wall. The good news for the Pistons was that they had very balanced scoring in this game with Billups, Hamilton, and Webber all scoring 20 points or more.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 06:30 AM

i did not see the game or read it in the paper but i heard at work that lebron scored like the last 25 pts or so.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2007, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Well it's officially in the books. The rookie Gibson does it again going 7-9 from the floor including a perfect 5-5 on 3's, scoring a huge 31 points. James had another "magic" game with 20 points, 14 rebounds, 8 assists. The Pistons lost game 6 of the conference finals two years in a row. Final score 98-82. Spurs vs. Cavs starts Thursday.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode