|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|12-09-2020 04:43 AM|
Originally Posted by NavalDiplomat View Post
|12-08-2020 11:57 AM|
|NavalDiplomat||Some great tips in here. None of which I did when trying to learn myself. I should probably get back into it and try some of these.|
|11-09-2020 06:32 PM|
|bigtee||Know where to aim.|
|07-09-2018 11:50 PM|
|marcel909||lol thats really gd,thanks for your info|
|07-05-2018 06:56 AM|
|Hunting Man||4th. expect mistakes. Nothing teaches us better than getting out in the woods and learning from our mistakes. Only about 5% of hunters would be called experts and then things like wind shift, weather, ect can make or break a hunt's success regardless of experience.|
|07-01-2018 02:39 PM|
As for me, there are only three general requirements, if you'd like to be an expert: |
1. Theory. Read useful guides, trip reports, instructions, reviews about bow hunting. For example, I found quite interesting Under The Open Sky, DHC (this forum), etc.
2. Practice. More and more.
3. Talk with an experts in your area as much as you can. Additionally, try to go hunt with them.
|04-17-2018 01:18 AM|
Hey, I'd like to add few bow hunting tips here i.e: |
1) Work on your archery form
2) Super tune your equipment
3) Become a student of the whitetail deer and hunting strategies
4) Practice by shooting some 3D courses
5) Scout your spots early instead of the week before the season starts
6) Hunt according to the wind
7) Try using tarsal glands for an attractant
8) Use the hunters log you recorded last year
9) Hunt midday periods during the rut
|02-01-2018 05:47 AM|
Proper preparation is very important when bow hunting. When you practice archery, wear similar clothes as you will be wearing when you go for hunting. Wearing your gear or sweatshirt or a heavy coat will allow you to get a feel for having something on your arms. Regardless of what bow you use, it is very important to practice. Practice constantly and try to shoot from different angles and positions. Make more comfortable with your bow, to get a better chance and successfully capturing your prey. |
Positioning is also a very important part when it comes to bow hunting. If you are upwind you canít see any prey cause they'll have smelled you. If you stay downwind you are able to see more animals, but you will have to stalk them. Itís very tricky, especially if you arenít good at the art of being quiet.
Finally, there is no guarantee of successful hunting. Sometimes the climate can affect your shot, other times the animals don't want to cooperate with you. Although these tips do not guarantee success but can give you an edge while bow hunting.
|12-13-2016 10:21 AM|
Night Vision Rifle Scope
Hi there, I am new in this forum. Hope you guys will co-operate me. I am looking for good quality hunting scopes. Hunting at mid night makes me crazy. you ?
|04-22-2016 07:41 AM|
|ruby121972||I also find Okefenokee Swamp to hunting.|
|This thread has more than 10 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.|