Inputs on load/bullet types - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 06:04 PM
B&C 100 Class

Try the 270 powerbelt platinums.I have taken 2 deer with them this year one dropped in its tracks,the other went about 15 yards with a massive blood trail.I use Shockeys gold sticks 50 grain x 2.

Knight:Born To Hunt
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
B&C 120 Class

I forgot about this thread. I have long since filed away my powerbelts. I use SW 250gr black sabots and they have a fairly tight fit into my Omega but allow me to cut holes at 100 yards. I have put these through a chrony and had 4 shots @ 1805-1817 FPS into a tight group with 1 flyer. The 12 FPS ES is outstanding. I shot an identical target 3 weeks later.I have no reason to shoot any other bullet at this point.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 PM
B&C 140 Class

45 cal encore, sort of!

Hunt south central Delaware with muzzleloader and shotgun. After ten years of trying various loads for the front stuffer I like 110 grains of loose blackhorn powder and a hornady sabot 200 gr. out of an encore pro hunter, the only ? here is I like the Bergara barrel better than my encore barrels, but hey it works for me! as for a shotgun I love my Savage 210 bolt action with the hornady sst. both have the new 5" eye relief nikon scope so my nose lives! Just an old guy still making adjustments to shoot the wiley whitetail
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 01:24 PM

Hi new here, I just purchased my first muzzleloader this year finally. A CVA Accura .50cal. I first tried the 245 powerbelts and I could not get them to group at all. I let other people shoot it even tried a different scope to make sure. I was about to return the gun with frustration but I was def gonna try another bullet first. I then tried the TC shockwave 250 and had excellent results. Thats what im sticking with I can punch holes @100yds.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-02-2009, 02:30 PM

Good choice farmboy. I like how the shockwaves perform. Took a deer with one earlier this season. Tight to load but tight group as well.

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Scrub Buck

I shoot the CVA Wolf with 777 Primers, 2 50gr pellets, and the TC MagExpress XTP Bullets. Love the groups.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 01:27 AM

My CVA Accura likes Hornaday XTP 300 gr. pistol bullet in a Harvester Crushed Rib Sabot on top of 100 gr. of pyrodex RS. Punching holes at 100 yards and deadly on deer and hog.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode