Some shooting with the Hunterbolt - Deer Hunting Forums
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Some shooting with the Hunterbolt

First got out there with 70gr Blackhorn209, cci 209m primers and some 385gr buffalo bullets someone gave to me. They load super hard but once they got past the last ring, the plastic ramrod seated the bullet on top of the powder

No good at all! 5 primers later i was heading into the house to push that load out. Just no resistance at all.

I was going to pack up but remembered that i had a few tubes with the 360gr Lee Minies that i cast. They were lubed with Alox and so i figured i'd give them a try,

I could push them down the bore with my thumb, but they have a good deal more of resistance and they seated nicely on top of the Blackhorn.

First shot on a clean bore was off to the right. The next 3 shots showed me i may have a good load to try out one of these years on deer and elk.

This was only 50 yards. I will have to adjust the scope up a couple inches high at 50 and then try 75 yards with it.

I only have 10 on hand so i figured i'd try 3 shots in my CVA Accura at 50 yards with the 360gr Minies with 70 and 80gr charges and see how it does. Good heavy duty bullet thats for certain.

I forget if that bullet was recovered from 50 yards or 100 yards but either way, they mushroom great and are a good solid bullet for penetration. I do know it was fired with a 100gr american pioneer super stick. These bullets loved that load in the Accura.
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 11:33 PM
B&C 140 Class

Now that's some good shooting right there. What diameter are your cast bullets?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned

.500 - .501 its kind of hard to get a true reading on them do to some burrs after dropping them from the mold.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode