T/C maxi-hunter issues!!!!! - Deer Hunting Forums
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
B&C 100 Class

T/C maxi-hunter issues!!!!!

I recently found a good deal on some t/c maxi hunter in .54 cal, so I picked up a pack. They are 435 grains, so I figured they would be a a great brush round. However, after the initial tightness of getting it started into the barrel, it loads very easy. It seem like it wouldn't seal, but they shoot okay. I have a knight mk 95. I shoot sabot and don't have the same issue. Is that normal, or is my barrel messed up.
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 06:53 PM
ronn

if its just lead with the grooves for lube that is more or less normal. the lead is soft and when firing the back tries to pass the front tightening it up to make a good seal. be sure to use the lube if they aren't lubed already. now for sometrhing i feel is amiss. there is no such thing as a bullet that will bust through brush. i've seen that very ball, only a 50, gobbled up by the brush and the deer was only 25 yards from the shooter. that said if you hit a deer with that ball it'll knock the fire out of it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
B&C 100 Class

Sorry. I do not really plan to shoot through thick brush, but the area I am hunting at was selective cut 7 years ago, and there is so much poplar trees and low lying brush that my max shot is about 20 yards, so I thought they would be better than a sabot because they are so heavy they would just hammer the deer. The bullets are lead, and have lube on them, I was just curious if they were supposed to load so easy. This is my first muzzle loader, and I appreciate the input from all of you guys. I can't wait to hunt with it, I want the challenge, so I am using regular sight, no scopes.
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 PM
ronn

yup, i know what you are saying, tricky. like i said they are soft so it doesn't take much to mess'um up. good ball though. I use them in my 54 t/c renegade. pokes a big ole hole. hit a buck in the spine once and it vaporized about a six inch wide path out of the top of him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode