CVA Electre arc 5000 - Deer Hunting Forums
MuzzleLoader Hunting Discuss MuzzleLoader topics

post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

CVA Electre arc 5000

I have a chance to get a CVA electra for $100 new. Is this a good idea?
The whole thing about it not being traditional makes no difference to me, so thats not my issue.
What is my real concern is are they reliable?
If you owne one or have shot one, what do you think?
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:23 PM
B&C 120 Class

Have not heard much about those. The electric technology is pretty new though. For a hundred bucks it would be worth a shot trying it especially if you are new to m/l and do not have one yet. Suggest new batteries before you hunt? Good Luck!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 07:49 AM
B&C 200 Class

I almost made a trade the other day, my new rem 870 12 ga express two barrel package for a new in the box Knight KP1 50 cal stainless barrel camo stock untill I got on line and saw how much the Knights have dropped in value since going out of business 40-60%. I tried to make this trade earlier this summer, the guy should have done it then! If anyone is looking for a Knight the time is now to purchase one before they are out of stock as there are great buys on line.
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 09:44 AM
ronn

i bought a cva years ago. i'm not a fan its a piece of junk. that said it was years ago and they do now have those begarra barrels, or whatever they are. these days $100 for anything that goes boom isn't bad. I'd take a chance even though i'm bow hunting through ml season again this year.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 10:06 AM

CVA's aren't the most popular front stuffers, But I sure wouldn't call them junk a lot of hunters still rely heavily on their CVA's to fill their tags.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 10:27 AM
ronn

was that directed toward/for me, bruce? i guess its in ones definition of junk. the one i got looks like, shoots like, feels like, breaks down for cleaning like, it was built by a pipe fitter that had 2 left hands and nothing but right handed tools. in a word junk. but like i said its old maybe 10, 12 years old, maybe more. can't remember when i got it. heck i'd almost give it to anyone that wants it but i don't dislike many people that much. grins. maybe the new ones are much better, and suspect they are, they for sure couldn't have gotten worse. oh mine is their inline 150 magnum 50 cal. synthetic stock. their old wood and blued steel were ok, not t/cs but ok.

Last edited by ronn; 09-20-2009 at 10:32 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 01:05 PM
B&C 200 Class

I was never a fan of the old CVA stuff either, which is why I stay away from thier products now. I thought early Traditions products were the same as CVA, I'm sure both have come a long way since their humble beginnigs. It's a shame that Knight couldn't make it as I thought their products were very good. TC in my opinion is still tops in quality!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
was that directed toward/for me, bruce?
If you felt I meant to be confrontational by my reply, I didn't.
All I'm saying is the CVA's may not be considered the
top notch muzzleloaders by a lot of hunters but to some,
it's all they have available or all they can afford.
and after all is said and done, Whether it's a CVA or a Thompson Center
both will Kill Game animals with the Exact same results because
no matter how you look at it, Dead is Dead.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by BruceBruce1959; 09-20-2009 at 04:29 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-20-2009, 07:30 PM
ronn

thats a fact bruce. dead is dead. i kinda did think that but not in a harsh way. just wondering if you were looking for me to elaborate. i don't hold it against or even have a worry about what someone else uses. it may be considered a fault of mine but when asked for my opinion i give it unvarnished. heck i bought the thing/piece of junk with my own hard earned money thinking it was a step up from my old 54 cal t/c renegade side lock. wrong. i have and had junk or been forced to make junk work so i know what you are saying. i had driven junk cars for a long time and always knew they were junk, but i always set my goals for best and work at it till i can get better. not settle. you know what i mean. that said whats "best" or "better" can be different in someone else's eyes.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 04:10 AM Thread Starter

Well I did it. I went to dicks sporting goods and paid $241.00 for the gun (Electra). I mailed in my rebate form (CVA is offering a $100.00 rebate until 12-31-09). This means I will have paid over a $100 but not much. After tax and rebate I'll have $141.00 in it.

I shot it 12 times (ran out of daylight) and it performed flawlessly. I know it’s not an encore but hey if it drops that deer the same as your $700-$800 gun I’ll be thrilled.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode