code blue - Deer Hunting Forums
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

code blue

has anyone used code blue estrous?results?
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM

ive used it a few times but never saw deer on those hunts. the one time i had it with me and decided not to use it i could have actually found out if it worked. on that hunt i saw a nice buck using a ditch walking up the mountain. if i would have used it, i would have run it through that same ditch on a trail to my stand. then i would know how well he liked it. i have heard good things about it in the past though i have not used it enough myself to give you accurate advice.

its been around long enough it could not hurt to try.

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 PM

i've never used it but I'm sure that we all have seen the commercials for that stuff. If it's as good as the TV says it is then it's certainly some potent liquid. I don't even think that I've seen code blue in any store in my area, isn't that the stuff you have to special order or something. The only thing around here that everybody raves about is TINKS.

Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 PM

code blue was pretty popular a few years back. say 7 or so years ago. they sold it at kmart in tenn. then i did not see it for awhile until i ran into some at a local gun shop we got in town 2 years ago. it is out there just not plastered everywhere likes tinks is.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

yea ive just been looking around and noticed it was like 36 bucks for a 1 ounce bottle, just seeing if its worth the price. thanks guys
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 PM

i doubt i would pay 36 bucks. i think i paid about 10

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 10:56 AM

tRIED CODE BLUE A FEW TIMES YEARS AGO... HAVEN'T SEEN IT ON THE MARKET LATELY. i GENERALLY GET A DEER EVERY YEAR... THE QUESTION I'VE ALWAYS HAD IS WOULD THE DEER HAVE COME THAT WAY ANYHOW REGARDLESS OF WHAT SCENT I'M USING... IT ALWAYS SEEMED SO. tILL LAST YEAR WHEN i USED A SCENT DISPENSER I GOT ONLINE CALLED x17. (BUT YOU CAN'T FIND IN JUST BY TYPING THAT IN.) IT MIGHT BE ON EBAY OR SOMETHING.
aNYHOW, THAT TOLD ME A LOT... THE DEER REALLY PAID ATTENTION TO IT.
aBOUT SCENTS DEGRADING... I GUESS THEY DO... IF YOU PEE IN A BOTTLE, DON'T OPEN IT EVEN A WEEK LATER...IT REALLY STINKS! THAT SYNTHETIC STUFF MAY BE THE WAY TO GO...THINK ILL TRY IT OUT.
HOW ABOUT USING SOME REALLY CHEAP COLOGNE? WITH ALL THE PEE FROM BOTTLES ALL OVER THE WOODS, SOMETHING DIFFERENT MIGHT BE THE WAY TO GO!!!
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 01:26 AM
B&C 140 Class

I have seen it, I would not pay 36.00 for an ounce of it though.
Its enough for me to justify $10.00 for a can of buck bomb. but it works great and you get 5 ounces in a can of it vs 1 ounce.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 07:03 AM
B&C 200 Class

I think code blue is the best estrus product out there, just my opinion. I use it every year along with Golden estrus.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 12-19-2009, 11:01 AM
B&C 140 Class

This whole scent industry has me wondering: How can we trust that this stuff is what it's advertised to be? Who checks? Or are these guys collecting pee from domestic animals and bottling it with ridiculous prices for frustrated hunters? Really, how does anyone know? Not trying to ridicule or criticize anyone - I use it myself. Just wondering.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode