Hunt for the deer, not the score - Page 5 - Deer Hunting Forums
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 03:03 AM
B&C 200 Class

just so I understand the points: the adrenilin rush I get on a mature PA mountain buck would score relitively low compared to the adrenilin rush from a trophy Ill buck. The adrenilin scoring system is a nationally recognized format that utalizes sound/sqeals, tears production, knee shaking, heavy breathing, blood pressure check every ten minutes, the inability to make cohearent sounds, and the intensity of the high five with your camera man, I don't have a camera man, which prevents me from being a true trophy hunter anyway. Lets be real for a minute, outfitters or law breakers should be dealth with with-in the law. Trophy hunters are only one segment of our hunting fraternity which is fine with me as long they don't don't bash me as an inferior hunter. Trophy hunters are simply deer hunters with a different set of goals, period. Put little oh me in a giant buck format and I'm going to locate him just as most of us here would. The trophy hunter in order to survive has to be in the giant buck enviroment every time out because anything less is a failure. I try to not put myself in those high pressure situations, its bad on the heart.
Advertisement

post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 04:16 AM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

Darn HM I guess I am really not a trophy hunter after all----I don't have a camera man----------- but I do make loud squealy sounds though.

Last edited by wmi; 09-09-2010 at 04:24 AM.
post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 05:50 AM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
i know it works both ways u stated one side and i stated the other of outfitting.you have to realize some hunters feel that way.as far as me not being rich truer words were never spoken but i dont begrudge anybody who can afford these hunts.that wasnt a personal attack on anybody who uses an outfitter just an opinion on how an average hunter might feel which contributes to an us vs them mentality
very true, some folks may feel that way. but feelings can be and are controlled only by that individual. i have no control over someone elses feelings. so instead of projecting that issue onto someone else the person with those feelings must deal with them in their own head.

not beating on you. its a general statement.
Advertisement

post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 06:49 AM
B&C 160 Class

wait a minute here if a another hunter doesnt like what direction hunting is going he cant state his opinion against it.If a hunter doesnt like trophy hunting and the commercialization of the sport why doesnt he have the right to his voice.the same way someone thinks trophy hunting and the rest of it is fine.theres always gonna be two sides to this coin.the local who hunted farmer browns farm for years and now cant because its leased to an outfitter hes never gonna see it your way.the guy who takes a trip to farmers browns and shoots a 12Pt could care less about the locals feelings.theres always gonna be differences.
post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

I dont think it's a small % ronn I think you just willfully overlook all the news directed towards the outfitters that end up getting caught.
Like these guys from Lethal Impact outfitters, they've been in business for years don't you agree that each time one of these outfitters gets caught it doesn't simply create a minor setback these acts cause major problems for ALL hunters.
I enjoy hunting public lands I'm sick and tired of Outfitters causing private landowners to shut off their lands because of illegal outfitter practices.

This is my opinion and you don't have to agree with my opinion but for the sake of all hunters you shouldn't try to sugar coat an outfitters illegal activities.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:14 AM
B&C 200 Class

Sorry to break the bad news to you wmi, but you're just one of us! You need a camera man and a TV show!
post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:37 AM
ronn

bb and i sick and tired of guys like you beating up the other guy doing a legal hunt. sick and tired of guys like you saying if it ain't like me and my way it ain't hunting and in turn is less, and that is exactly what you are saying. why does everyone have to conform to your idea of what hunting is? you lump it all together because a few outfitters do bad things. i don't lump all the meat hunters in with the slob hunters that just kill stuff for the sake of killing. if you don't like it tough. its the way it is. no one or i never beat on you for shooting a doe or immature buck quite the opposite i'm happy for ya. you must have had your reasons for taking that deer. so go ahead keep driving that wedge while your at it beat up on the crossbow guys, oh and those that bait legally, and those that use dogs for deer. go ahead keep looking down your nose at others but thats not the way i was raised. i was raised to defend those being unjustly persecuted so thats what i'm doing here. if you can't understand the simple principle then i feel sorry for you having to go trough life being a hater.

spiker, you have the capability to pay for that hunt whether you think you can't or not. its a mater of how bad you want to. if you have no interest so be it but that doesn't mean i do or don't. why hold it against me or the landowner because you don't have enough desire to make it happen. like i've said before i'm always pushing for better even though some don't have the drive to strive for better or the understanding of what better is. don't fault me or others for having the drive.

so what if the landowner discovered a value to something they have and choose to capitalize on it. you saying you wouldn't if it put $50 an acre in your pocket every year?

Last edited by ronn; 09-09-2010 at 10:44 AM.
post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:50 AM
B&C 160 Class

ronn i told u befoer and ill tell u again im not against it just presenting both sides.i told ya my dream would be an alberta deer hunt i would go in a second.im not taking sides ive said that bfore too simply two sides of an argument.
post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
bb and i sick and tired of guys like you beating up the other guy doing a legal hunt. sick and tired of guys like you saying if it ain't like me and my way it ain't hunting and in turn is less, and that is exactly what you are saying. why does everyone have to conform to your idea of what hunting is? you lump it all together because a few outfitters do bad things. i don't lump all the meat hunters in with the slob hunters that just kill stuff for the sake of killing. if you don't like it tough. its the way it is. no one or i never beat on you for shooting a doe or immature buck quite the opposite i'm happy for ya. you must have had your reasons for taking that deer. so go ahead keep driving that wedge while your at it beat up on the crossbow guys, oh and those that bait legally, and those that use dogs for deer. go ahead keep looking down your nose at others but thats not the way i was raised. i was raised to defend those being persecuted so thats what i'm doing here. if you can't understand the simple principle then i feel sorry for you having to go trough life being a hater.

spiker, you have the capability to pay for that hunt whether you think you can't or not. its a mater of how bad you want to. if you have no interest so be it but that doesn't mean i do or don't. why hold it against me or the landowner because you don't have enough desire to make it happen. like i've said before i'm always pushing for better even though some don't have the drive to strive for better or the understanding of what better is. don't fault me or others for having the drive.

so what if the landowner discovered a value to something they have and choose to capitalize on it. you saying you wouldn't if it put $50 an acre in your pocket every year?

it's amazing how facts and truth spark such anger from some people,
And once again ronn you can call me all the names you want, go ahead and have at it I've been called many things before BUT
you'll never be able to call me an Antler harvester that pays big money to be successful.
I'll always find success the old fashioned way by "HUNTING" for it, NOT by buying it.
Calm down and Have a good day Ronn...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 12:04 PM
B&C 160 Class

i think this thread and the pot thread got carried away with personal attacks and name calling.i feel hunt nh felt like he was singled out for his opinion with the pot thread.This is our forum and we are adults and should be able to disagree without this type of behavior.If any of us are ever gonna learn anything new we have to let both sides be heard.this isnt gonna be the last time we disagree i only hope we do it with more class next time.this post is not intended for any individual but rather all of us myself included who are members of this forum.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode