Hunt for the deer, not the score - Page 4 - Deer Hunting Forums
The Lodge Meet other hunters and share hunting stories, tips, and tricks.

post #31 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 PM
B&C 200 Class

I wish they had never created the term trophy hunter! Whats wrong with simply deer hunter. A trophy is simply what one wishes it to be or makes it. The differences is really goals and time effort put out to meet those goals. While not a horn hunter per say, my abilities are equal to the experience and efforts I've put forth over the years. The degree to what one sets and accomplishes those goals separates us as individuals and hunters.
Advertisement

post #32 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
And the bad eggs in those groups get punished too, With much greater punishments too. and FYI

I'm a Trophy hunter too but to me a trophy isn't just big bucks! Get a clue!
so why post something bashing trophy hunters with a not so vialed slap at trophy hunters.

bb you are promoting this division plan and clear by posting this tripe. so who really needs to get a clue?
post #33 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
so why post something bashing trophy hunters with a not so vialed slap at trophy hunters.

bb you are promoting this division plan and clear by posting this tripe. so who really needs to get a clue?
Seems like a lot of illegal activity stems from outfitters, BUT it's easier for you ronn to attack me for simply pointing it out , it's easier to point at me than it is for you to point at them for doing it... LOL I See.

So I guess according to ronn it's better to say "Bruce just shut up and let them do their thing" even if it does affect us indirectly. yeah okay.
So who really needs to get a clue?

I don't create the facts ronn I just post them for your viewing pleasure...

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

Advertisement

post #34 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
B&C 160 Class

you got some conflict going now HM.LOL
post #35 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 09:49 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceBruce1959 View Post
Seems like a lot of illegal activity stems from outfitters, BUT it's easier for you ronn to attack me for simply pointing it out , it's easier to point at me than it is for you to point at them for doing it... LOL I See.

So I guess according to ronn it's better to say "Bruce just shut up and let them do their thing" even if it does affect us indirectly. yeah okay.
So who really needs to get a clue?

I don't create the facts ronn I just post them for your viewing pleasure...
but thats not what you posted first bruce and you know exactly what you were doing by posting that quote. about trophy hunting has taken away from hunting. attack you? you started with get a clue crack, so you attacked first my post was just a defence.

yup there are bad out fitters. a lot? not hardly. i bet % wise its a lower % that your average meat hunter doing illegal things.

you hate trophy hunters and outfitters as well as the whole industry that has grown form it. you've basically as much as said it before, and you rarely miss an opportunity to reiterate it again and again or at least the basic sentiment. an industry by the way that gives probably millions of people work. not to mention what its doing for the land owner by getting them money they wouldn't ever seen. this mentality is the very thing that is splitting hunting into us and them.

so yea get a clue
post #36 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:06 PM
ronn

i will say this bb i agree with your thoughts on the illegal activity that went on in the link you posted, but you failed to rail against the hunter that knowingly kill a buck without a buck tag. and yea thats the place i went. had anything like this happened prior to my hunt it sure wouldn't have been with him. but that still wasn't the point of your first post. that was divisive pure and simple.
post #37 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
B&C 160 Class

i didnt want to get on this one and im not picking sides but that same outfitting industry has also helped privatize more land and outprice hunts the average joe cannot afford.this contributes to the us vs them mentality.i dont believe hunting was ever meant to be a rich mans hobby exclusivley.
post #38 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:24 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiker View Post
i didnt want to get on this one and im not picking sides but that same outfitting industry has also helped privatize more land and outprice hunts the average joe cannot afford.this contributes to the us vs them mentality.i dont believe hunting was ever meant to be a rich mans hobby exclusivley.
that works both ways. you very statement divides in to us and them. its a sour grapes statement. i'm not rich. i work my butt off to pay my bills and i managed to afford it. anyone can if they want to bad enough. also there are tons a tons of public hunting lands. so yea its closed lands to hunters to hunt for free but its put farmer browns kid in college to lead a better life than farmer brown did. if a farmer choose not to lease his land great. if he does thats capitalism and i for one won't hold it against them.
post #39 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:31 PM
B&C 160 Class

i know it works both ways u stated one side and i stated the other of outfitting.you have to realize some hunters feel that way.as far as me not being rich truer words were never spoken but i dont begrudge anybody who can afford these hunts.that wasnt a personal attack on anybody who uses an outfitter just an opinion on how an average hunter might feel which contributes to an us vs them mentality
post #40 of 71 (permalink) Old 09-08-2010, 10:52 PM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

The whole industry stems back to bucks sporting big racks. Today nothing about deer hunting does not have at least some small tie back to trophy buck hunting. If you as a hunter watch one TV show you are tied to it. We are talking about a billion + dollar industry. There is no way you are going to find a sin free enviroment with that much money tied to it. Did they get away with it --NO, were they fined ---YES. The law handled it with what they felt was right but this does not mean that outfitters or trophy hunting is bad. Let me also state that I do wish they would have strung the fellons up by the nads. However we all know this is not how our system always works. I think outfitters are great. When Ron and I went to ILL. on our hunt we had a great time. We had great conversation, laughs, met new people, shared stories with fellow hunters, saw awesome deer that we would never see at home, and came back with memories that will last a lifetime. I for one would go on a outfitter hunt every year if money and time permitted. Bottom line is you can't knock it if you have not tried it. There is a feeling you can not discribe when you are in a strange set of woods in an area that you know for a fact that a deer of legend could walk by at any moment. Talk about an adrenilin rush that lasts all day and through your dreams every night while you are in such a location. If you have a problem with the outcome help change the laws but don't knock the outfitter industry or the trophy hunters that drive it as a whole.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode