Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Live from the Stand (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/live-stand/)
-   -   2016 Gfdeputy2 Season 4 (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/live-stand/23041-2016-gfdeputy2-season-4-a.html)

gfdeputy2 09-13-2016 05:11 AM

2016 Gfdeputy2 Season 4

Starts Thursday Afternoon September 15th
Stay Tuned

gfdeputy2 09-16-2016 03:45 AM

so It wasn't live due to being so busy this summer scouting, food plots, camera ect... just didn't happen so yesterday was more of shaking off the dust & Rust. I did go to one of my normal pieces of land was heavily logged last 2 years left work got in the woods about 2:15 & stayed till 7:25
17 deer total seen. I passed on 5 of them others were out of bow range or didn't provide a shot temps were in the low 60's. It was the best opening day in years for me. Today will be probably a Turkey hunt unless a nice buck steps out high 70's - low 80's showing till the end of the month
Sorry no pics phone was in the truck. It wouldn't be opening day if I actually remembered everything

gfdeputy2 09-16-2016 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My view first 5 min there were 2 still had spots 35 yards out

tator 09-19-2016 10:40 PM

good luck GFD. Hope you get some good meat

gfdeputy2 09-20-2016 03:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Thank You Tator & Good Luck to you Too hope you find the time to get out!
for some reason my post did not go out Sat afternoon
deer seen so far this season
opening day: 17
day 2: 16
day3: 7
I have not been out since Saturday weather is not good
we are back close to 80 degrees yesterday heavy rain most of the day. Not a bad thing as we are in a drought here in the Northeast. Temps look to be heading down to the 60's by the weekend which is closer to normal for us this time of year.

here are the pics from Sat. hunt
1st pic was actually Friday night the little guy between the trees decided to bed 24 yards from me blocking my exit route I stayed into the dark but sure I spooked him
Last pic is hard to see they were about 250 yards it was a doe with Triplets
It is funny every doe I have seen on this property has fawns most have twins yet we very rarely see buck on this property (2) in about 6 years & have only seen a couple small rubs & scrapes. They have to be around somewhere most likely the posted property next door or there is one happy buck

Hunting Man 09-21-2016 05:05 PM

GFD2 you seeing any horns yet on any of your hunting areas? I'll be in Michigan early October hopefully see a few deer. My buddy has a bull moose on one of his trail cams along with a couple small bucks and bear.

gfdeputy2 09-22-2016 03:53 AM

I saw two nice looking velvet bucks a few weeks ago but not on this property
have not seen any since the season started but only hunted the first 3 days as much as I try to hunt every day I can I just could not get myself to get out this week with 80+ temps

gfdeputy2 09-28-2016 03:16 PM

Well was going to try one of my honey holes but can see 3 deer bedded enroute so need to think of a plan b

gfdeputy2 10-09-2016 07:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well didn't make live but broke the ice & christened my HM knife. Will have a story on Monday

Hunting Man 10-10-2016 02:52 PM

First blood part one, congrats. I hope the knife did it's job.