Shopping - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums
Crossbows Discuss all crossbow topics here

1Likes

post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
B&C 200 Class

Tom, the thing is lightening fast, probably the extra speed = the same noise level of mine. I was hoping the suspression system would have made a difference but I couldn't tell. I tried a Ten Point but the stocks just are very hard for me to get the scope cleared. It seemed the Ten Point stock & scope had one very small sweet spot and I constantly was adjusting my head up and down and back and forth to find it. The Excalibur comes up like it was a part of me. The dealer sold three different brands but the Excalibur just rises to the top each time I compare. Three weeks and my x-bow will be gone so I will have to make a decision soon.
Advertisement

post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 05:14 PM
B&C 120 Class

If it was me I would go with the 380 too, they don't get much nicer or faster than that, plus it's what you are already used to using. I know what you mean about the scope issue with the Ten Point, even though mine is a Parker I have the same issue, I have to "diddle around" for just a second to get a good sight picture. It's weird, you would think it would not be any different than throwing up one of your scoped guns but it is not the same, you are absolutely right about that. Anyway I'm glad you gave a report on the effectiveness of the string stoppers for sound, I'm not gonna throw away $40 for nothing. Give us a report HM after you get it all set up and get some target time with it!!
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-10-2015, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
B&C 200 Class

well I got the Excalibur Matrix case yesterday, I guess that means it will be a Excalibur purchase.
Advertisement

post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
B&C 200 Class

sold the Vortex today to a good friend. Get to serious shop now
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 07:31 PM
B&C 120 Class

LOL-Yeah seeing as you got the case I would hazard a wild guess you'll be getting one of the Matrix models to go in it!! If you get that Tact Zone ? scope for it please give us a report as to exactly how it functions would 'ya HM? I've read two different descriptions as to how it works, so I'm a bit confused. Actually every year I get confused more easily!!
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
B&C 200 Class

Looks like it will be the Excalibur 380. Tom, I will give a report on the whole package when I get it. The guy that bought my vortex went to PA with us last year for the first time and wanted the x-bow when he knew I was selling it.
post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 01:14 AM
B&C 140 Class

Barnett is the word for xbows

Born on a mountain raised in a cave huntin and fishin is all I crave
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-25-2015, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
B&C 200 Class

HB, sorta like Ford, Chevy, Dodge. The Excalibur products fit me perfectly and that alone makes my decision easy. Wickedridge, TenPoint were hard to get the scope lined up without having to move my head around. As far as Barnetts, I have not shot any of their new stuff so I will reserve any comments in that regard. It is tough to shell out $1000.00 for anything but hopefully it will last me several hunting seasons. Some upcoming OT will let me order the new 380 next month.
post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2015, 11:05 PM
B&C 140 Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunting Man View Post
HB, sorta like Ford, Chevy, Dodge. The Excalibur products fit me perfectly and that alone makes my decision easy. Wickedridge, TenPoint were hard to get the scope lined up without having to move my head around. As far as Barnetts, I have not shot any of their new stuff so I will reserve any comments in that regard. It is tough to shell out $1000.00 for anything but hopefully it will last me several hunting seasons. Some upcoming OT will let me order the new 380 next month.
If y do decide on a Barnett order from there site. It was cheaper straight from them and no sales tax. Do check around mite find someplace running a sale. I got the predator. 175# pull and 375fps. the butt stock in totally adjustable in length and height.

Born on a mountain raised in a cave huntin and fishin is all I crave
post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
B&C 200 Class

as I shoot many brands, I have learned a few things: cam bows are quieter, narrower, slightly heavier on average, are easier to cock once you roll the cam over, but do not fit me very well. I've shot Mission, Excalibur, Ten Point, Parker, so far. I am still leaning towards the Excalibur just because when I pull it up I'm dead nuts right on for scope view and shoulder feel, however, it is quite a bit louder even with the noise suppression system. When I get back from Canada I will have to get it ordered and sighted in.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode