Deer Hunting Forums banner

The Kingdom over hunting - 2013

4K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Kansasdoe 
#1 ·
Due the the extreme busyness of life it has been a long time since I have been on here. I want to share an opportunity that has been presented to our family for all of my friends here to pray for.

My wife was adopted as a toddler which has greatly influenced her for the better and has since always had a heart for adoption. We have been presented with the chance to host twin girls from the ukraine for the Christmas season through an adoption agency, with the hopes of adopting them in the future... I battled this badly before giving it to God. Our finances are super tight if not more than I can handle alone as well as having three kids under 6. We may be outright crazy but my God is bigger than crazy and my finances.

In order for this to work I had to come to grips that I will be giving up hunting seasons for 2013. I will have no time to hit the woods. Starting today We have to shift into full time work for me and full time fundraising as a family to bring these girls here. We have 2 months to raise the funds. By all apsects it is impossible with todays economy but my God can do all things.

I want to ask all of you to earnstly pray for our family through this time as we are making sacrifices we never considered or wanted to further Gods Kingdom. While in your deer stand take a few moments to pray. We all appreciate it greatly. I do not know what the future holds for us but it is out of my control and in Gods hands. I will share more as the story unfolds if any of you are intrested.

God bless and Thankyou all!

See less See more
#2 ·
TTH or not,
It seems you have actually allowed God to use you as He intended.
Yes it will be a imposition on your lifestyle, so what does that mean, let's see
no hunting, trusting God for your needs, no money, so what"s new? God will provide. Talk to your buddies, explain the situation and my bet is God will bless you with venison, if I were local and I knew you you would have plenty of venison plus! Include your church family and see what happens. Anyways
I would like to thank you for actually walking the walk and God will bless you and yours. It's not about what you receive but what you give. Next years 12 point buck? Who knows what God has in store for you but God.
Bless you my man, I for one will be in prayer for you!
daddus

#3 ·
I think what you have decided to do is the very thing that makes America the country that it is. You will have everything you need and the girls will be blessed to have a life that they would never had a chance at. I think you will find once schedules are figured out, there will be time to hit the woods a few times just to relax and breathe. You will have my prayers and don't be afraid to ask for help when or if you find yourself in need, that is what we do here, at least that's my position. Keep us informed as much as you feel you wish to and good luck in your impressive grand life change. This is a story that just makes one feel good, thank you for sharing and welcome back brother! :bye:

#4 ·
Just a quick update. We found out this evening that the girls we were looking to host (and possibly adopt) have expressed interest in being adopted by a Ukranian Family in there country. For those praying, keep praying that Gods plan would be clear and that the doors that opened would be open by Him, not pried open by us. Hes in control, surely we are not.

#6 ·
TTH,
What an awesome opportunity! I wish my wife and I were able to do this as well. You have hit the nail on the head when you gave this situation to God. That comment made me smile! That is something SO hard to do, especially for me.
One thing I want to caution you on, is maybe these girls will come to you, maybe they won't. Don't be frustrated! God may have another plan in mind and he may be preparing you for it by going through this phase of learning about adoption. You just never know with God.... but one thing is for sure... God ALWAYS has a plan, PERIOD. He doesn't just do things to be doing them. HIS plan is awesome and as humans, it's sometimes hard to understand how, why and what He is doing... but I promise you, He knows...
I will absolutely be in prayer for you and your family. I think you will find God will open SO many doors for you and your family through this experience! Remember to thank Him for each and every one of them.
Also, what a great opportunity to minister and witness to these young ladies. You have a real opportunity to change not only our country but another! AWESOME!

God works in WONDEROUS ways!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 ·
It has been a while since I have updated you all about what is going on in our family. The hosting opportunity for the twin girls that I mentioned earlier has fallen though but with it new opportunities have opened up. This past friday we signed up to host two orphans from the Philipines for Christmas. With money tight is was a tough decision for me but our hearts are full of love and we have a God that is limitless.

The brother and sister are 10 and 8 years old and will be arriiving Dec 15. We are currently in the official application process which is very intensive. We also have to raise a little over $6,000 in the nest month and a half. My wife is on top of this and a few friends have stepped up to help coordinate this.

The one fundraiser that we are most excited about is a T-shirt (llong sleeve or hoodie) sale run on line. Our plan is to collect pictures of those that buy a shirt with them wearing the shirt and we will put together a photo album of all the pictures for the Kids as a Christmas Present. Then they can see all the people that have supported this venture financially and though prayer. I dont want to post a link here as I am not sure if it viaolates the forums policy. The best way to spread this is though social media. If anyone is intersted in helping to spread this or support it PM me and I will get you the information.

We also plan to approach local buisnesses for donations, definietely not up my alley but was recommended to us.

We covet your prayers through this time.

Thankyou, Jason "timetohunt"

#9 ·
TTH,
Talk about an experience your family will never forget! The very act of you and your family opening your house to people of another land is awesome! You have a great opportunity to share God's love with these kids and you will make an impact on their life! Good luck to you and your family raising the money. God will provide everything you need. Keep praying and He will show you the road. I have been in prayer for you and your family ever since you first brought this up. I am happy to see God working in your and your family's life!

#10 ·
Just to update you all...

We picked up our two host orphan from the Phillipines on Monday and have been enjoying spending time with them. It has been an long but amazing journey. Both of them fit so well into our family and actually seemed to make it easier - more kids mean they can entertain and keep each other occupied, despite the language barrier.

Continue to pray. The goal of the program is to show these blessings what a functioning family is like and to share Jesus with them. Also continue to pray for Gods providing - we dove into debt for this out of obedience to Him. This is His plan, not mine.

As for hunting, I did manange to get out for three mornings and took a small doe - put a little meat in the freezer, and was the only shot I had. With tires that are less than ideal i was not able to use the last two opportunites because of snow. Risk was not worth the reward.

God is working!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.