Savage Model 93 - .22 Mag??? - Deer Hunting Forums
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Savage Model 93 - .22 Mag???

Alright, I just need a little advice. I've been looking around for a decent small game rifle. I've seriously been online every chance I get researching and learning about different rifles, calibers, and brands.

I've come across what looks to be a good deal, but that's where you, my friends, come in. Online, I found the Savage Model 93 - .22 Mag. It's black synthetic, which I am a fan of. Black heavy barrel. Clip-fed bolt action. It comes equipped with a Bushnell scope on it, 3X9. I don't know which model of Bushnell, nor the objective size. But I do know that the rifle and scope are both brand new. It doesn't look like their newest of models, as it doesn't appear to have the Accu-Trigger. Brand new, with scope, their selling it for $220. With shipping and transfer fees, I'm probably looking at closer to $275.

Would you guys consider this to be a good deal? I'm really looking for some input here, and I really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Steve Luch; 01-31-2011 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Correction
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
B&C 160 Class

As an owner of 2 savage 116s the reason you buy a savage is because of how they shoot.In order to take advantage of their inherent accurracy you need a good trigger.I would not by a savage without the accutrigger.The factory trigger is going to be heavy and full of creep.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 06:18 PM
B&C 140 Class

I just got rid of my Savage Mark II .22lr rifle. It was accurate like any other Savage, but I could never get it to feed reliably. The magazines that Savage uses for their rimfire rifles are junk. Feeding problems seem to be a common thing with these rifles, so its something to keep in mind. I'd go with a Marlin or a CZ before another Savage rimfire. PS - I had the pre-accu trigger model and after polishing the bolt it was a short, light 3lb pull. Very nice trigger.
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-31-2011, 07:06 PM
B&C 200 Class

looking at the book and there are many variations of the 93 model I think you are just about book value unless the scope is above average value. I wouldn't consider the price a real deal, just average.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 06:19 AM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Thanks for all of your input. I really appreciate it, and will definitely take it into consideration.

Hunting Man, you mention you were, "Looking at the book." What is the book, and how do I access it? It could help me in my hunt for what I'm looking for.

Thanks, again.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 09:35 AM
B&C 200 Class

When in the market to purchase its wise to do some reshearch prior to the buying so I use Dan Shideler's yearly standard catalog of firearms. Pretty detailed on models and usually spot on for values. There are other yearly gun value books out there but I prefer this one.These aren't cheap, $40.00,but the long term savings more than pays for the book. Hope this helps you out some.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

Definitely helps me out. Again, I appreciate it a lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode