Your opinions please - Page 2 - Deer Hunting Forums
The Campfire Got something besides hunting on your mind? Discuss anything "off topic" around the campfire.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 11:22 AM
wmi
B&C 140 Class

I would guess 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 , 120-125 class. The smaller is only 110-115 class. Front shoulders are still lacking on both so would more lean towards 3 1/2.
Advertisement

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-04-2010, 04:23 PM
ronn

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremehunter007 View Post
2 big things i look for, before tagging, is looking for the Roman nose, and how the hair around the face is. it isnt a guaranteed way to find out, but it gives you an idea.
i look at the neck both ends of it. if there really isn't an end on either end meaning the neck just becomes brisket and the other end just become head. i look at the waddley brisket thing in early season pics. the back is it straight or sagging, and the belly is it narrower than the chest the same size or pot bellied. are the legs long or do they look short. then the head is it a blocky head or kinda long like a doe?.

with does i look at over all size if there is something to compare to. and how ugly is its face. if it has that cutesy bambi face its probably a young doe the cuter the younger and the other way is the older the uglier.

so a buck with a neck that really isn't clearly defined, a sagging back, a pot belly, short looking legs, a blocky head, the jaw line is more neck than jaw. its 4+ years old.

if it looks like a race horse, longer legged, kinda a longish head, the belly is straight back form the chest or slightly narrower, the back is straight. its 3ish.

if it looks like a big doe with horns its 2ish

thats what i go by. never mentioned antlers untill describing a 2 year old

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode