Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   The Campfire (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/)
-   -   Been gone, but hoping to come back (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/campfire/22497-been-gone-but-hoping-come-back.html)

tator 04-02-2016 10:10 PM

Been gone, but hoping to come back

4 Attachment(s)
Guys and Gals,
Well some of you new people I don't know, but I'm happy to meet ya! DHC is a great forum to be a part of with tons of great people to bounce ideas off of and just talk to.
A little about me... I live in north central Missouri. My wife and I have two kids, with a third ON THE WAY! :bigsmile: Got a decent management buck this past fall on the LAST night of rifle season. He had a broken back leg (leg was twisted around backwards). Good buck, good meat.
Took my daughter out hunting with me for the first time ever this fall. That was awesome!
Took my wife out hunting with me for the first time ever this fall. That was awesome too!
Found a nice shed a couple weekends ago...
Just been keepin' busy with the new house and the job.
God Bless you all!
Tator OUT

BruceBruce1959 04-03-2016 07:25 AM

greetings and best wishes always Tator, Glad to see you stop by to say hello, always nice hearing from you.

mrbb 04-03-2016 02:40 PM

welcome back
over the yrs I have shot a bunch of wounded deer, I just felt was the right thing to do
never been on to like to see a critter suffer, so, some times I eat a buck tags to do what I feel is right??

Hunting Man 04-03-2016 05:10 PM

Tator as always nice to hear from you!

tator 04-03-2016 10:12 PM

Thanks guys, good to hear from you all. As you can see by the pic, the rack on the deer's left side is deformed. It was his opposite back leg that was injured. Speaking of that, have any of you seen an injured buck that has a deformity in it's rack and it's typically the opposite side of the body that is injured. Interesting.

Scorpion8 04-04-2016 02:10 PM

Welcome back from being here before. Huh, dunno if that came out as right....

tator 04-07-2016 11:06 PM

I just don't get on the net as much anymore. We got rid of our PC and now have a laptop. Just not the same- for some reason... Anyways, I always enjoy conversing with you guys.. and gals.

Scorpion8 04-11-2016 11:47 AM

I know so many folks that have moved away from PC's and just do tablets. For me the issue is the bigger PC screens, and a real keyboard. Virtual keyboards always give me about a 40% typing error, and I'm not one to send out a message riddled with errors hoping that the recipient can decipher it. Nor text-speak. Don't care how "ur" doing. So I prefer the big PC monitors, as scrolling an finger gestures to make screens bigger is just silly.