Deer Hunting Forums banner

New digs

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  gfdeputy2 
#1 ·
Well here it is... the new house. Sits on 25 acres and across the road from me???? yep, my huntin ground :) My drive was around 5 minutes to get to my hunting spot, now it's about 30 seconds. We're happy, the kids are happy and enjoying having the country life. House was completed the week of 4th of july. Shed is 30x30 and I'm in the process of insulating it myself. Here's a front/back of the house and also a visitor we had in late summer....

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I hope you managed to carve out a gun room...

I have a nice house also, but I would trade it for the one you are showing. Living on acreage would be wonderful. I did manage to lay claim to one room of the house as a gunroom. Of course I had to give up any claim to the rest of the house for it. Now if I can ever get all of the non gun crap out of it I can start setting it up correctly.

Karl

#7 ·
Thanks everyone, for the nice words. My wife and I have been married a little over 10 years and this is something we've been saving and waiting for. We finally made the leap of faith! We also have been very fortunate in our house-buying and selling over the years. The first house we ever owned was a small 1,000 sq ft home that we fixed it up and updated everything and ended up selling it 3 years later for about $29,000 profit. We used that money to help with the next house we bought which was a foreclosure. House had great bones, but needed some serious TLC and updating. Bought it and sold it 7 years later for around $45,000 profit. This one is it though... not selling, not moving. We'll be here till we die. Kids have a great place to run around in and I couldn't ask for more. We are truly blessed by our Lord and blessed to be able to fix up two homes to then turn into profit to help ourselves out in the future.
Wife and I are looking at getting a 4 wheeler sometime soon so we can go exploring more frequently.....

1800 sq ft up and 1800 sq ft down. As you can see, we still need to put a deck on the back- but that will come in the future. GFD we were trying for the lodge look- thanks for noticing!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.