Wish me luck - Deer Hunting Forums
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
B&C 100 Class

Wish me luck

me and a hunting partner will be headed to the talladega national forest tommorow for a my second bow hunt of the year, (oct. 15 is alabama's opening day for bow). we scouted the area pretty good and i have my new PSE tuned and ready to go. wish us luck and say a prayer for our safety.
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 03:54 PM
B&C 200 Class

oo be safe and enjoy the hunt. I leave Nov 3rd for PA for my annual bow hunt there. I'm ready to go now! Good luck too.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 04:00 PM
B&C 160 Class

good luck to both of you,happy hunting
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010, 09:20 PM
B&C 100 Class

Good luck and stab a big one
Prayers are with you for your safety
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 06:15 AM
B&C 160 Class

Good luck!

If your to busy to go hunting, your just to busy.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 07:13 PM

Good Luck!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
B&C 100 Class

THanks everybody

we parked and hiked over a mile down a growed up logging road on the back side of a small mountain. about an hour after getting set up i spotted a doe casually coming my way about 50 yards out or so. needing some meat for the freezer i got poised and ready she stopped and kept looking behind her. i grunted but she never even looked my way or acknowledged the grunt. she turned and vanished behind some thick brush and i saw her again about 70 yards to my right. then ....i looked back where i saw her the first time and there were 4 coyote's trotting at a hurried pace going the same direction she was. i figured they were trailing her. i lost them and couldnt see them again. IF only i had been a little further up i could have got a shot at the doe. i probably would have had to fight those coyotes for the corpse but my 9mm handgun would have came in handy for that. didnt see anything else for about 3 hours and so me and my buddy hooked back up and hiked that long hike back up the mountain. by the time we got to my truck we were exhausted. fun day, got to see some wildlife but those coyote's are probably affecting the deer population. what are your thoughts on this. i will do some research. thanks for the prayers as we got home safe and sound. just beat!!! LOL
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 AM
B&C 180 Class

Good luck, I'll pray for you guys!

I had a close encounter w/2 coyotes Sat morning here in MO. One came in about 10 yards from me, and I didn't want to use my good broad heads on him so I put on a practice tip, he passed by and the second one was about 30 yds from me, I shot and missed high by about an INCH! Scared them off though.
The first coyote was a multi colored yote and the second was a blond color, almost orange.

James 1:2-8

Last edited by tator; 11-01-2010 at 11:31 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 02:55 PM
B&C 100 Class

Take them coyotes out any chance you can and tator use your good broadhead on the yote gotta get them things while you have the chance there to spooky to mess around
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM Thread Starter
B&C 100 Class

they are a pest but i understand their role in the eco system. the problem here is they are breeding like rats and not enough people are killing em. they were too far for me to shoot and i am using expensive arrows and broadheads too. i may put a couple of low end arrows in my quiver in case i see some again. just make sure you drag em out. if not, that one dead coyote you shot will feed other baby coyotes. if you drag it out, they dont have a free meal. get it? they are scavengers. they will eat on something dead before they will expend their energy to hunt.

Last edited by 00buckshot; 11-01-2010 at 04:51 PM. Reason: no title

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode