Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Bow Hunting (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/)
-   -   bow trip (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/23113-bow-trip.html)

Hunting Man 10-01-2016 08:05 PM

bow trip

We'll 2016 hunting season begins Monday night for me. A week in Michigan, 1.5 week in Nov for PA early rut bow hunting. Then either shotgun for SE Ohio or rifle in PA. Finally, flintlocks in PA late season. Possibly a late Ohio bow trip in January? I can't wait for retirement then I can really get serious about hunting!!:winking:Good luck to all, fill those tags.

gfdeputy2 10-03-2016 04:18 AM

Good Luck & Be Safe HM!

Hunting Man 10-10-2016 02:47 PM

Back home. The hunting was bad, three of us hunted 6 days without seeing a single deer. This is the first time ever that we haven't seen deer. The reports from near-by camps were the same. The area of the UP of Michigan we were hunting has seen devastating losses from over harvests, hard winters, wolves, and increase bear populations. Male bears take up to30% of fawn deer. I don't know the future for the area we hunted but right now it's bad. I did enjoy a week with great friends and got away from work for a week!! :bigsmile:

gfdeputy2 10-11-2016 05:58 AM

That is not good HM but Glad you had a good time

tator 10-15-2016 08:17 PM

That does stink HM, but at least you got out and enjoyed the outdoors. One thing I am very thankful of is that we have NO bears around here in north central Missouri (at least where I am located.) We have the occasional bobcat and "sightings" of mountain lions by one or two people each year in the 100 mile radius area. (probably were just bobcats...)

Good luck the rest of the season!

Hunting Man 10-18-2016 10:15 AM

We did have bears at two stands but all night activity.

Hunting Man 10-24-2016 07:39 PM

Spent this past weekend in SE Ohio hunting and at least I saw deer. 2 spikes, a 4 pt, and several young does. I decided not to fill a tag yet. I would like to hold out for a nice buck and then late season a big doe for freezer meat. Our doe only tags expire around Thanksgiving but my either or tag is good all season.

gfdeputy2 10-25-2016 03:42 AM

Some good deer being checked in here now. Youth weekend was last weekend. saw a 167# dressed doe & a 215# 8 pointer both shot by youth. Love seeing that.

Hunting Man 11-25-2016 08:27 PM

Filled a doe tag in PA, next is Ohio gun season.

gfdeputy2 11-28-2016 03:36 AM

Congratulations HM!