tree stand help - Deer Hunting Forums
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

2Likes
  • 1 Post By 12410
  • 1 Post By tator

post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2016, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Scrub Buck

tree stand help

i live in ohio i started early summer feeding deer been getting great trail pics all summer untill i hung my tree stand i admit i had to hang my stand close just to have 2 shooting lane so i figured a week or so i wouldnt get any pics first week went by only got one buck in the back ground he went through at 1pm then back through at 1:05pm then 2nd week only pics i got was of a doe and her young so what im asking is i know ive done the damage should i hope for the best keep everything like it is and hunt the rut or should i pull the stand move it back more and make a new shooting lane
marcel909 likes this.
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-19-2016, 10:38 PM
B&C 180 Class

honestly it's a draw. You are probably good to leave the stand, but make sure you watch your wind so you don't ruin your hunt. I like to do plenty of scouting the area before I place a deer stand. I look for deer signs like rubs, trails, scrapes, deer droppings, etc... Also look at Google earth and look at pinch points where parts of your woods narrow. One thing I learned a long time ago was that you learn through experience. Good luck!
marcel909 likes this.

James 1:2-8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode