Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Bow Hunting (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/)
-   -   Bowhunting Safety Poll (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/2018-bowhunting-safety-poll.html)

joel the signman 07-03-2008 12:19 PM

Hunter Safety Systems .hands down the best out there:thumbup:Hunter Safety System Reversible Safety Vest/Harness - Model HSS-4

ronn 07-03-2008 03:53 PM

yeah the belts will kill ya. got to use a harness like the one joel is talking about. i've even used mine at work. 45 ft up on a chimney case cap that was a bout 3'X3'.

Southern Man 07-03-2008 04:46 PM

Ronn, shows you how long it's been since I've used one. When I bout my belt...thats all there was...grins. My son has been talking to me about getting a harness.

wmi 07-03-2008 05:06 PM

I have been bad by not wearing mine but I will be wearing one this year. I have fallen once from 35' and was very lucky to be hunting today. I still have problems with my feet an knees because of it. I am very careful now and never get over confident when climbing but we all know sh-t happens and my clock as well as all of yours is ticking. Changing my ways because I love to hunt and fish too much to have to give it up because of laziness not wearing my safety vest. Guys I really thought I was dieing laying there alone in the woods. Sure was an empty lonely feeling. That was many years ago and to this day I have night mares.:sad:

joel the signman 07-03-2008 09:23 PM

your lucky wmi the coyotes didnt find ya.lesson learned the hard way.glad you still go out:thumbup:

joel the signman 07-03-2008 09:23 PM

by the way look around i bought mine used from someone who outgrew his .

buckfever 07-06-2008 02:07 PM

I am doing better with wearing a harness these days. Back when I strictly used a climber with a gun rest I never did. I felt safe just because i was completely surrounded by tree stand. Since i have went to using some hang-ons as well I always use a harness in one of those. And now when im by myself i always use a harness whether it be climber or hang-on. It took me having a wife and kids to start thinking more along the lines of safety and that someone's wants to see me get home in one piece tonight. I am also more cautious about what tree I set-up in too.

Safety first, wear a harness, do not be another statistic. :thumbup:

ronn 07-06-2008 02:35 PM

harnesses should be replaced every few years as well.

Rozman62 07-07-2008 04:50 PM

I do not go up in stands without my Gorilla harness vest. I am somewhat afraid of heights and the harness has boosted my confidence. When I first took it out of the package there were straps and belts everywhere. I was so confused by the mfg directions. Then I went online, found a reference picture and it all came together. It takes me about 45 seconds to secure all straps/belts. Trading 45 seconds a day is worth mitigating a lifetime of paralysis.

joel the signman 07-07-2008 11:43 PM

the sportsmans guide hunting edition has a vest for 60-70$