Deer Hunting Forums

Deer Hunting Forums (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/)
-   Bow Hunting (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/)
-   -   Looking for tips and tricks (https://www.deerhuntersclub.com/forums/bow-hunting/17881-looking-tips-tricks.html)

ivm025 08-04-2014 01:18 AM

Looking for tips and tricks

Hey everyone i am new to the site and new to bow hunting as well. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks as to be successful when this next season comes around, any general information would be great! If anyone knows about the best ways to hunt near the Okefenokee Swamp in southern Georgia that information would be greatly appreciated as well! Thanks to all

gfdeputy2 08-04-2014 05:45 AM

1st off Welcome to DHC
as far as Tips go
Practice, practice, Practice! maintain your equipment string waxed all bolts tight, sharp broadheads arrows in good condition
play the wind, put your boots on the ground. get out & scout before the season find the bedding areas & the feeding areas set up off their travel routes

Hunting Man 08-04-2014 07:42 PM

hello welcome, another thing I like is to keep my back to the sun in my stand. I like a lot of natural camo around my ladder stand and me. Stay very clean and use scent elimination sprays. Keep your hunting clothes in non-scented plastic bags with some of the natural plant/tree stuff in the bags. I like to crush pine needles or cedar branches and lay in the bags. Don't set up right on deer trails stay off the sides 15-20 yds. In the rut I like good doe-in-heat products. Make sure you use quiet hunting clothes. Good luck this fall.

BruceBruce1959 08-05-2014 07:01 AM

welcome to the club, These fella's have already covered quite a bit for you, all I'd like to add is, if there's any wind try to keep the wind in your face as you travel. Good luck

zatoan 09-12-2014 04:38 AM

tips or tricks as to be successful is learn hard....train hard.. confident

RobertSmith 04-17-2015 05:42 AM

I would like to share some hunting tips that i follows:
Take Shower with a scent-free soap before every hunting trip, because human odor spooks deer. When muzzleloader hunting in wet weather, a piece of electrical tape over the end of the barrel will keep out moisture.

GustonPower 08-27-2015 09:23 AM

I am not new to hunting but will finally have a chance to bow hunt since I purchased a new bow for me.
One thing with hunting people forget is to exercise. Get in shape, because if you get a deer you might have to drag that thing up a hill, hike out a good distance, or fight through some briars. All of this pulling action can wear on you really quick.
There are reports of people having heart attacks and being all out exhausted dragging a deer out of the woods.

gfdeputy2 08-27-2015 09:32 AM

Well said Gustonpower a lot of hunters remember it when it is to late

Hunting Man 08-27-2015 04:55 PM

also, the older we get the more we realize how much we can't do what we once did! For me, dragging help is usually a few hundred yards away :ibtl:and a phone call has them headed my way.

ruby121972 04-22-2016 07:41 AM

I also find Okefenokee Swamp to hunting.