Another Poacher - Page 6 - Deer Hunting Forums
Bow Hunting Discuss Bow Season topics

post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 09:36 AM

nice linkbruce.
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 05:52 PM
B&C 140 Class

I hunt an area that has both. The Poaching is terrible on bucks of any size and does as well. But that being said, if 2 bucks are standing out there the poacher will take the largest regardless of safe shot. If it's rumored a large buck is on a certian farm you can bet the trucks will be regularly passing day and night. If the buck is unlucky enough to be out at the wrong time, he's history. Sad but true. Losing your liscense and hunting privileges doesn't matter either, they'll still be out there. That's the mentality here and not enough game wardens to go around. State regs say the poacher can be fined, lose his hunting privileges, and any equipment used in the act, such as rifle, truck, farm, etc. But that's rarely enforced.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 06:16 PM
ronn

Its getting worse here but its mainly does. Only cause there aren't many deer or fields here period. Thats why I think we, the good guys, need to be more vocal. put pressure on the state to do more about it. more and stronger enforcement. Guys areound here know that its not something I joke about or just blow off. I'll drop a dime in a heartbeat.
Advertisement

post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 06:35 PM
B&C 140 Class

Same here Ronn. I have called the F&G dept before and I will again. I hunt legal and have no time for the people that don't.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Deer Hunting Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode