Deer Hunting Forums banner

A scope experiment

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  frontiergander 
#1 ·
It got the better of me today and so I put some extra thought into it. I already had a bubble level with me as i had to reset my 150 yard shooting bench. I fired 3 shots at 150 yards and they were perfect but a couple inches to the right.

I took one more shot " shown in another pic" and bam, right in there with the other 3.

Started thinking about the table, sure it was leaning SLIGHTLY, you put a dime under the corner of the bubble and it would level perfect so not off that much. I sighted the rifle on the target i normally do and carefully backed off the gun, got the bubble, checked to make sure i was still on target and put the bubble on top of the scope turret cover.

Leveled it

Took one more shot, almost dead center of the bulls eye! I let it cool down for a good 10 minutes, made some adjustments and hit almost where i needed to. Tomorrow I want to try 170 yards so i put it 2" high.

.003" "Crush" Fit on these primers.

Took one more shot, almost dead center of the bulls eye! I let it cool down for a good 10 minutes, made some adjustments and hit almost where i needed to. Tomorrow I want to try 170 yards so i put it 2" high.

See less See more
#2 ·
.003" "Crush" Fit on these primers.

Later on I went back out and leveled the shooting bench with shims, tomorrow i will haul gravel up to it and pack it under it as well around the sides. Tired of my boots soaking into the mud during the rainy/snowy months so its time to get that thing in shape.

If I am not to tired, I will try that load at 170 yards my max range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.