Deer Hunting Forums - View Single Post - Early morning
Thread: Early morning
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
turner
B&C 140 Class

Early morning

I was out again this morning for day #2 of Tennessee's early M/L season. Day one was slow, very s l o o w. Very foggy and no real visibility until after (well after) sunrise. This morning I was back in the stand overlooking some great sign & overlooking some fields alongside the river, with overgrown sections, going out some 350 yards.

I was in place & ready to go at 1 hr before SR, and simply relaxed for a while. It started to brighten slowly and was getting near legal shooting time. I looked out in front and saw what I was sure was a deer at 100 yards. I picked the gun up, peered through the nikon and saw it was a deer, a decent buck.

I had to grunt him to a stop twice, before I could tickle the trigger. I was sure I heard the bullet hit at that distance and then waited for sunrise. I couldn't see a thing as the smoke floated, after the shot and had no clue where he might have gone (if anywhere). I checked my watch and he'd been shot at 2 mins into legal time! I'll simply say that a lengthy search brought me a big-bodied 8 pnt that ran 100 yards with only 2/3rds of a heart (pic to follow). Not a monster, but I'm happy to have him as my 1st Tn buck of the season!!

Sorry, the pics not great, but I need to upload the rest. I'll add a pic of the "heart" tomorrow. I had a heck of a time loading him by myself in the FX4. Tator, I wish you was there with me to help!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zinc deer nov 11.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	1803  

Name:	MVC-005F.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	1804  

Name:	MVC-007F.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	1805  

Name:	MVC-009F.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1806  

Last edited by turner; 11-29-2011 at 12:36 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome