Deer Hunting Forums banner

code blue

9K views 24 replies 14 participants last post by  spiker 
#1 ·
has anyone used code blue estrous?results?

#2 ·
ive used it a few times but never saw deer on those hunts. the one time i had it with me and decided not to use it i could have actually found out if it worked. on that hunt i saw a nice buck using a ditch walking up the mountain. if i would have used it, i would have run it through that same ditch on a trail to my stand. then i would know how well he liked it. i have heard good things about it in the past though i have not used it enough myself to give you accurate advice.

its been around long enough it could not hurt to try.

#3 ·
i've never used it but I'm sure that we all have seen the commercials for that stuff. If it's as good as the TV says it is then it's certainly some potent liquid. I don't even think that I've seen code blue in any store in my area, isn't that the stuff you have to special order or something. The only thing around here that everybody raves about is TINKS.

#4 ·
code blue was pretty popular a few years back. say 7 or so years ago. they sold it at kmart in tenn. then i did not see it for awhile until i ran into some at a local gun shop we got in town 2 years ago. it is out there just not plastered everywhere likes tinks is.

#7 ·
tRIED CODE BLUE A FEW TIMES YEARS AGO... HAVEN'T SEEN IT ON THE MARKET LATELY. i GENERALLY GET A DEER EVERY YEAR... THE QUESTION I'VE ALWAYS HAD IS WOULD THE DEER HAVE COME THAT WAY ANYHOW REGARDLESS OF WHAT SCENT I'M USING... IT ALWAYS SEEMED SO. tILL LAST YEAR WHEN i USED A SCENT DISPENSER I GOT ONLINE CALLED x17. (BUT YOU CAN'T FIND IN JUST BY TYPING THAT IN.) IT MIGHT BE ON EBAY OR SOMETHING.
aNYHOW, THAT TOLD ME A LOT... THE DEER REALLY PAID ATTENTION TO IT.
aBOUT SCENTS DEGRADING... I GUESS THEY DO... IF YOU PEE IN A BOTTLE, DON'T OPEN IT EVEN A WEEK LATER...IT REALLY STINKS! THAT SYNTHETIC STUFF MAY BE THE WAY TO GO...THINK ILL TRY IT OUT.
HOW ABOUT USING SOME REALLY CHEAP COLOGNE? WITH ALL THE PEE FROM BOTTLES ALL OVER THE WOODS, SOMETHING DIFFERENT MIGHT BE THE WAY TO GO!!!

#8 ·
I have seen it, I would not pay 36.00 for an ounce of it though.
Its enough for me to justify $10.00 for a can of buck bomb. but it works great and you get 5 ounces in a can of it vs 1 ounce.

#10 ·
This whole scent industry has me wondering: How can we trust that this stuff is what it's advertised to be? Who checks? Or are these guys collecting pee from domestic animals and bottling it with ridiculous prices for frustrated hunters? Really, how does anyone know? Not trying to ridicule or criticize anyone - I use it myself. Just wondering.

#12 ·
Currently Nobody knows much about the producers but I can tell you now the state of Vermont is seriously looking into all scents for several reasons, first and foremost to be certain these are safe products we expose our wildlife to. Whether it be deer, moose, bear or any of the other species scents are designed for.
The big concern for me Is the introduction of Diseases into the state of Vermont.
In a letter I received from the The Vermont Commissioner, Wayne Laroche expressed his concerns as well and explained the steps Vermont is taking to ensure these products are safe to use.
It's Important we learn how these products are prepared/preserved, what controls are placed on producers if any at all and if they are operating with disease free herds etc., etc.
with regard to this issue I've always said I use these products as well but I really am concerend if I'm doing more harm than good.

#11 ·
code blue works very well on my place in georgia. have to use the blue. not the Code Red. have tried Tinks and a few others. the best results have been with code blue. leaked some into my pocket 2 years ago and had a buck follow me to my truck. he got a free ride to town also.

#21 ·
I use scents every time I am in the woods with great success. It is like anything else there is a learning curve on how , what, when, and where to use them. There are no magic potions out there just like there are no magic hammers that automatically drive nails perfectly every time. I personally use Maniac 150 with great success. As far as contaminating areas I think it is more of anti's trying to stir the pot. Scents have been used for thousands of years by hunters and indians to improve there success. My opinion is all of this new talk is just more political horse piles.

G
#24 ·
i don't use scents much or anywhere as much as i use to. i will do the mock scrape thing or fire up an existing scrape. i just don't have the confidence in them that some folks do. it may come back to that deer density thing causing a poor showing from scents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.